Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default grey screen with white lines

I have a 27 inch Hitachi tv model number 27cx3b. When I turn the tv
on the screen is grey with white lines on it.
The audio is fine and everything. I did search to see if there is a
fix for this and found that there is a resistor, that is going bad.
The number of the resistor mentioned is 3340. I couldnt find it on the
circuit board anywhere. So i was wondering if the number is different
for the Hitachi. THe tv was free, so if its junk no big deal but if I
can fix it with a 99cent resistor i will. Thanks for the help.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 24, 6:11 am, "Mark D. Zacharias"
b wrote:
wrote:

The sound is fine, nothing wrong with sound, just the picture. The
lines are white horizontal lines, that are pretty thin. the whole
screen is grey.

g2 bias missing. look for open resitors or bad joints on the
soldering around the line transformer.
-B

Thanks for the help. Not sure what an open resistor is or looks like
but I will find outThen why on earth are you working on a TV? If you aren't qualified, a TV is

no place to start.

Having said that, my vote is for a missing 200 volt line.

Mark Z.

Sorry Im not big shot like yourself on tv's, Never said I was the one
fixing it any way. All I wanted was some insight on what could be
wrong with the tv, so maybe i could get it fixed.