Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default no horizontal deflection on Sylvania

I have a sylvania 6427cta
It had a Shorted HOT. All else looks ok. I replaced the HOT and powered
it up.
B+ measures 120v on and 43V when turned off.
Problem now is no picture. Just a single vertical line. I know this is
usually yoke connections but all looks well. Connections are good.
windings measure ok.

any suggestions?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The usual suspects are yoke return caps, bad solder joints, (ringed
out) pincushion, pinamp, coils
etc most often its a ringed out solder terminal connection, so do a
very close inspection (magnifier ) sometimes just resoldering all the
connections
in the area that look a little suspicious works.(not shiny) hopes this
helps

A Little Bit of Everything..
http://www.whaatsoever.com

Joust wrote:
I have a sylvania 6427cta
It had a Shorted HOT. All else looks ok. I replaced the HOT and powered
it up.
B+ measures 120v on and 43V when turned off.
Problem now is no picture. Just a single vertical line. I know this is
usually yoke connections but all looks well. Connections are good.
windings measure ok.

any suggestions?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I just used an ohm meter to measure. one winding showed 1.0ohms and the
other showed 7.4ohms

What is a return cap and how can i pinpoint it?
bad solder joints i can identify and they look ok. I'll suck out the
old solder and redo any of the larger ones just to be sure.
I am not sure what you mean by (ringed out) pincushion, pinamp

Joust wrote:
I have a sylvania 6427cta
It had a Shorted HOT. All else looks ok. I replaced the HOT and powered
it up.
B+ measures 120v on and 43V when turned off.
Problem now is no picture. Just a single vertical line. I know this is
usually yoke connections but all looks well. Connections are good.
windings measure ok.

any suggestions?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

1.A return cap is a AC signal return path to prevent signal voltage
interference
2. Ringed out is what happens when a solder joint is cracked around a
terminal connection, and it appears
as a circle
3.The set may or may not have a pin amp & or pincushion coil, but it
will have some method of correction
you would need a schematic for the set or a similar set to compare with

4.These circuits control the corners & centers of the picture to create
straight sides not this ( or . basically
"exaggerated, but I think you get the point"

A Little Bit of Everything..
http://www.whaatsoever.com