Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Joust Joust is offline

Default no horizontal deflection on Sylvania

I just used an ohm meter to measure. one winding showed 1.0ohms and the
other showed 7.4ohms

What is a return cap and how can i pinpoint it?
bad solder joints i can identify and they look ok. I'll suck out the
old solder and redo any of the larger ones just to be sure.
I am not sure what you mean by (ringed out) pincushion, pinamp

wrote:
The usual suspects are yoke return caps, bad solder joints, (ringed
out) pincushion, pinamp, coils
etc most often its a ringed out solder terminal connection, so do a
very close inspection (magnifier ) sometimes just resoldering all the
connections
in the area that look a little suspicious works.(not shiny) hopes this
helps

A Little Bit of Everything..
http://www.whaatsoever.com

Joust wrote:
I have a sylvania 6427cta
It had a Shorted HOT. All else looks ok. I replaced the HOT and powered
it up.
B+ measures 120v on and 43V when turned off.
Problem now is no picture. Just a single vertical line. I know this is
usually yoke connections but all looks well. Connections are good.
windings measure ok.

any suggestions?