news

Default Sony GDM500PS horizontal deflection problem

I have a Compaq P110 (same as sony GDM500PS) which got bumped in transit. It
mow suffers from a horizontal deflection problem - negative pincushion )(
and flickering top and bottom corners. I have the service manual, but would
appreciate advice on where best to go looking for dry joints, dead caps etc
with these particular symptoms. Board D (the deflection board) seems the
logical place to start, but as the horizontal deflection is *almost*
working, its not likely to be a catastrophic failure of the horizontal
deflection driver... could it also be a problem with one of the other boards
supplying clock, sync or adjustment settings?

Andy Cuffe

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:21:17 +0930, "news" wrote:

I have a Compaq P110 (same as sony GDM500PS) which got bumped in transit. It
mow suffers from a horizontal deflection problem - negative pincushion )(
and flickering top and bottom corners. I have the service manual, but would
appreciate advice on where best to go looking for dry joints, dead caps etc
with these particular symptoms. Board D (the deflection board) seems the
logical place to start, but as the horizontal deflection is *almost*
working, its not likely to be a catastrophic failure of the horizontal
deflection driver... could it also be a problem with one of the other boards
supplying clock, sync or adjustment settings?

The CXA2043Q deflection IC is a high failure part that causes all
kinds of geometry and convergence problems on that monitor. In fact,
it's the only thing I can remember ever replacing on those.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005