Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Prima Plazma T.V. sound, no raster.

I do warranty, & extended warranty for Prima Worldwide, but can't get
any help, or even get
a hold of a human to order parts, or get tech help. If I order parts,
months pass, & no contact
from them! Not even sure if any parts are available.

Model # PS-42T8, no picture, or raster, just sound. Just a couple of
months out of warranty.
I can only find M # PS42T8 Service Manual on their site. Anyone work on
these units before?
Thanks, Dani.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Dani,

I have PDF file of service manual for PS-42D8 & PH-50D8, will email to your
email address detailed below.

--
Best Regards

Mark

It's time to add some chlorine to the gene pool !
"Dani" wrote in message
oups.com...
I do warranty, & extended warranty for Prima Worldwide, but can't get
any help, or even get
a hold of a human to order parts, or get tech help. If I order parts,
months pass, & no contact
from them! Not even sure if any parts are available.

Model # PS-42T8, no picture, or raster, just sound. Just a couple of
months out of warranty.
I can only find M # PS42T8 Service Manual on their site. Anyone work on
these units before?
Thanks, Dani.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dani:
What a "great deal" you have with Prima...... does it take equally long to
get reimbursed for warranty work? If so, it is time to move-on.
Unless you can easily track down generic problems that can be solved with
generic parts I would tell the Prima owners that bring stuff into you to
repair that you can NOT fix because of lack of support.... to deal with
Prima directly and also the store they bought the equipment from..... it
won't take too long for the retailers that handle this crap to move-on also.
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair
- - - - - - -

"Dani" wrote in message
oups.com...
I do warranty, & extended warranty for Prima Worldwide, but can't get
any help, or even get
a hold of a human to order parts, or get tech help. If I order parts,
months pass, & no contact
from them! Not even sure if any parts are available.

Model # PS-42T8, no picture, or raster, just sound. Just a couple of
months out of warranty.
I can only find M # PS42T8 Service Manual on their site. Anyone work on
these units before?
Thanks, Dani.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks Marcus! Am I the only one working on Prima product??? Your'e the
only one to give
me any help at all on Prima ! It's fine to just "drop them", but
customer service is my MAIN
concern! I am an authorised service center! The service manual isn't
even on their site! How
did you get it? Also, this is an LG unit requiring "the old replace
three boards" trick. I just got
a call from a Tech there. Dani.

Dani wrote:
I do warranty, & extended warranty for Prima Worldwide, but can't get
any help, or even get
a hold of a human to order parts, or get tech help. If I order parts,
months pass, & no contact
from them! Not even sure if any parts are available.

Model # PS-42T8, no picture, or raster, just sound. Just a couple of
months out of warranty.
I can only find M # PS42T8 Service Manual on their site. Anyone work on
these units before?
Thanks, Dani.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

:
: Model # PS-42T8, no picture, or raster, just sound. Just a couple of
: months out of warranty.
: I can only find M # PS42T8 Service Manual on their site. Anyone work
: on these units before?
: Thanks, Dani.

http://www.primaamerica.com/support.asp

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I would dump the warrenty work agreement with them, and find some other one
to take on. I would never put up with the lack of service from any
manufacture or supplier!

--

JANA
_____