Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

Default SMell-o-phone

Got this bit from a telephoney magazine news leter:

Cell phones long ago did away with their boring rings and started
blaring everything from James Brown to John Cleese when they wanted to
be answered. And even before the ringtone, phones made themselves felt,
not heard, through vibration features.

The ways to interact with your phone are countless, so it's not
surprising when a company comes up with a new sensation for you to toy
with. But what Sony Ericsson has developed for NTT DoCoMo is almost
shocking: a phone that smells. No, no, no, not that factory-new smell of
chemicals and plastic, but the distinguishable (and presumably pleasant)
odors that customers can hand pick for their phones to set themselves
apart from the masses whose phones merely scream Britney Spears songs
and are painted blue.

The Sony Ericsson SO703i comes with a slot for replaceable scented
sheets that give off one of 11 odors. I know what you're thinking: A
perfect marketing opportunity for the Chanel No. 5 phone. You're right,
it's probably right around the corner.

I think personalization is a good thing. In an age where everyone has a
cell phone, differentiating rings can be useful. And as the cell phone
has become a critical piece of our identities, stylization of those
devices is only natural. But can we go too far? It's hard enough to
tolerate the teenybopper on the bus or in line at the movie theater
whose phone is blaring some obnoxious tune when she's not chattering
incessantly in higher registers to her friends. But must we now endure
whatever obnoxious scent she decides fits her personality and sense of
flair? What's next? A phone that performs a mini-laser light show when
it rings? Throws off sparks when it disconnects? Or perhaps inflates a
three-story-tall pig and sends it flying across the stadium during
guitar solos?

BOB

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

In article , Bob Urz wrote:
[...]

Allready comes with a fart sheet.

greg

News==----
Newsgroups

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

Marc Amsterdam wrote:

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:27:04 -0600, Bob Urz
wrote:

What's next? A phone that performs a mini-laser light show when
it rings? Throws off sparks when it disconnects? Or perhaps inflates a
three-story-tall pig and sends it flying across the stadium during
guitar solos?

Pink my Phone......

I have this image of the Aussie pink floyd tribute band playing
"Pigs" with some rigging gone amuck........
Some swine stage hand must have made a mistake.

Bob