Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Horizontal white line interference on Toshiba TV

I have a Toshiba TV, model 24AF41 (flat screen) which has recently
started to show interference in the form of horizontal white dotted
lines in the top quarter of the screen. Is this likely to be something
that can be sorted through judicious use of the service menu or is it
more likely to be a symptom of an underlying electronic fault?
thanks in advance for any suggestions....

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip kip is offline

Filter cap going in the vert deflection circuit.

KEEP out of the service menu ,fix the fault.

Why does everbody think that going into service menu,s will fix faults ?

kip

"Charlie" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Toshiba TV, model 24AF41 (flat screen) which has recently
started to show interference in the form of horizontal white dotted
lines in the top quarter of the screen. Is this likely to be something
that can be sorted through judicious use of the service menu or is it
more likely to be a symptom of an underlying electronic fault?
thanks in advance for any suggestions....

Senior Member

Question

Hi Kip,

I notice from the above thread that you seem to know a fair bit about television repair.

I am repairing a friend's 14" Grundig television and discovered a common power transistor PS fault. I purchased and replaced the kit of components for this fault.

The original 'dead-T.V' fault has now been resolved however, there are now diagonal lines across the screen when using the built-in antenna which disappear when using an external antenna?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"kip" wrote in message
.. .
Filter cap going in the vert deflection circuit.

KEEP out of the service menu ,fix the fault.

Why does everbody think that going into service menu,s will fix faults ?

kip

Wishful thinking? Maybe seen some suggestions for adjusting vertical size
to hide data? If the problem is that the geometry, size, or position is off
a bit one could be seeing data in the vertical interval and this might be
fixed with service menu adjustments on some sets.

Leonard

It has removed 19654 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

kip wrote:
Filter cap going in the vert deflection circuit.

Many thanks.
Is this likely to be physically located on the yoke circuitry or could
it be anywhere?

KEEP out of the service menu ,fix the fault.

Why does everbody think that going into service menu,s will fix faults ?

Someone she spoke to at the Toshiba service center in New York
apparently did. But (typically) the full details weren't written down.

ups.com...