Junior Member

Default Horizontal line on Sony

Hi

I have a KV-C292 Sony TV (chassis AE-1C) which is recently
showing a lighter horizontal line in the middle of the screen.

I’ve found R530 open.
I’ve replaced the vertical IC (TDA8170) and all the components (except the two transistor Q505 & Q506) around the vertical section, but the vertical doesn’t open.

All the tensions are ok.

Do you have any idea about it?
Jerry G.

Check to see if the new parts you put in are damaged again, since you did
not locate the original fault that did the damage.

It is important to verify the supply voltages, if there is vertical drive
coming from the scan generator, and if all the caps are good. Many times, a
cap may become resistive (leaky in resistance), or opened (high ESR), thus
causing these types of faults. You will need an ESR meter to properly test
the caps.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Raffagr" wrote in message

Hi

I have a KV-C292 Sony TV (chassis AE-1C) which is recently
showing a lighter horizontal line in the middle of the screen.

I've found R530 open.
I've replaced the vertical IC (TDA8170) and all the components (except
the two transistor Q505 & Q506) around the vertical section, but the
vertical doesn't open.

All the tensions are ok.

Do you have any idea about it?

--
Raffagr

Junior Member

The new parts are ok.

The question is this: if I connect an oscilloscope between PIN7 of TDA8170 and ground, the vertical opens, also if (obvisiouly) I don't see the image correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry G.