Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help with interference on phone line

I need help on coming up with a solution for buzzing in my headset.
Make and model intellitouch ITC-1220 it takes a 2.5 mm jack for the
headset. There is interference coming from somewhere inside my home.
I can hear when the fridge kicks on and the fan in the computer. I
have tried a regular phone and that works. My guess is because it has
better shielding than the headset. I would rather not buy a hundred
dollar shielded headset (which may or may not work) and was hoping I
can put something over the headset wires or some kind of in-line
filter.
An electricain came over to check the wiring and didnt find any issues.
I may lose my job at home if I cant get this fixed, hope anyone can
help with a possible solution.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"spongehead" wrote in message
ps.com...
I need help on coming up with a solution for buzzing in my headset.
Make and model intellitouch ITC-1220 it takes a 2.5 mm jack for the
headset. There is interference coming from somewhere inside my home.
I can hear when the fridge kicks on and the fan in the computer. I
have tried a regular phone and that works. My guess is because it has
better shielding than the headset. I would rather not buy a hundred
dollar shielded headset (which may or may not work) and was hoping I
can put something over the headset wires or some kind of in-line
filter.
An electricain came over to check the wiring and didnt find any issues.
I may lose my job at home if I cant get this fixed, hope anyone can
help with a possible solution.

I Googled for ITC-1220 and came up with nothing, so I'm not sure what you
are using. Electricians are not equipped to handle RFI problems, by the
way. You should post more information.

Wireless headsets can be very crappy, by the way.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 13 Dec 2006 08:49:16 -0800, "spongehead"
wrote:

I need help on coming up with a solution for buzzing in my headset.
Make and model intellitouch ITC-1220 it takes a 2.5 mm jack for the
headset. There is interference coming from somewhere inside my home.
I can hear when the fridge kicks on and the fan in the computer. I
have tried a regular phone and that works. My guess is because it has
better shielding than the headset. I would rather not buy a hundred
dollar shielded headset (which may or may not work) and was hoping I
can put something over the headset wires or some kind of in-line
filter.
An electricain came over to check the wiring and didnt find any issues.
I may lose my job at home if I cant get this fixed, hope anyone can
help with a possible solution.

At this point you cannot be certain your phone line is the souce of
the "interferecne". It could be a defective phone or headset.

Have you tried any of the following? It should help you identify where
the "interference" is originating.

1) Disconnect your phone line at the Demarction Point and then connect
your telphone + headset, see if the "noise" is still there.

2) Try the headset with another phone.

3) The another headset with that phone.

4) Try all of the aboove at another location.

p.s. Did you mean to type "Intellitouch ITC-120" ?

radio interference from cordless phone [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 May 5th 06 04:37 AM
Phone Line Problem ML Home Ownership 7 May 17th 05 05:07 PM
Interference on the Phone [email protected] Home Ownership 4 January 24th 05 02:30 PM
RJ45 for Phone Line Buck Turgidson Electronics Repair 4 September 5th 04 09:19 PM
shorted out phone line re barry martin Home Repair 1 June 17th 04 02:50 PM