Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA 27V530T - No Video

Been on vacation. I removed PCC board connectors and resoldered
wires. 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3 on both ends. Same results. Also
swapped out HOT, still a dead CRT. I looked for a small coil near
the HOT output but there is only a medium sized one. resoldered it
also. Same results.

-------------------------------original
message-----------------------------------------
My Sister gave me the following unit. It's a 2003 model that was
working great. She turned it on a couple of weeks ago and now there is

no video. Still get power LED and sound. No static on CRT at startup.

She bought a new one and gave this one to me. Any suggestions
appreciated.

RCA/Thomson
Model: 27V530T
Service: 27V530TYX1
Chassis: ITC008FBK

Thanks,
GLW

** If the CRT is dark, the failure is most often in the high-voltage,
horizontal scan section. Check the horizontal output transistor.

** Check for a small coil in the base of the H Output, bet there are
lousy
solder connections on each end, seems the glue used to secure the coil
to to
pcb makes it very difficult to produce a good solder connection in
production. Common Problem.

** BTW: If there is a small PCC board on the right side of the chassis
(Viewed
from back) check if there is a three pin connector going from the Main
pcb
to the PCC board. Cut the ends off, I.E. the plugs, and hard wire the
PCC
board to the Main board. Remove the black plastic plugs and pins at
each
location, solder the wires directly to the solder pads. Pay attentionto
the
colour rotation of the wires, it is easy to get them mixed up. ITC008
common
problem.