Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP Laserjet 6L PCL

Hi all,
having a problem with my laserjet 6l pcl printer when printing the paper
feeder dont printer feed all the paper though but only print one page, then
i have to go and add another sheet to finish the job this happen every time
even if i have five or ten page can i get some help with this problem.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jonesy82 wrote:

Hi all,
having a problem with my laserjet 6l pcl printer when printing the paper
feeder dont printer feed all the paper though but only print one page, then
i have to go and add another sheet to finish the job this happen every time
even if i have five or ten page can i get some help with this problem.
Thanks in advance.

Sounds mechanical, better get a mechanic!

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jamie wrote:
Jonesy82 wrote:

Hi all,
having a problem with my laserjet 6l pcl printer when printing the paper
feeder dont printer feed all the paper though but only print one page, then
i have to go and add another sheet to finish the job this happen every time
even if i have five or ten page can i get some help with this problem.
Thanks in advance.

Sounds mechanical, better get a mechanic!

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Funny how they accuse *us* of trolling.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jonesy82" wrote in message
Hi all,
having a problem with my laserjet 6l pcl printer when printing the paper
feeder dont printer feed all the paper though but only print one page,
then i have to go and add another sheet to finish the job this happen
every time even if i have five or ten page can i get some help with this
problem.

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jonesy82" wrote in message
Hi all,
having a problem with my laserjet 6l pcl printer when printing the paper
feeder dont printer feed all the paper though but only print one page,
then i have to go and add another sheet to finish the job this happen
every time even if i have five or ten page can i get some help with this
problem. Thanks in advance.

Yes, know that problem very well. It also existed in my old HP LaserJet 5L
as well as a couple of other HP LaserJets and LaserJet/FAX combos that used
this same engine and physical design.

1. There was a class action lawsuit for this problem.
2. HP provided a "quick repair kit" for consumers -- that worked for most
people -- but not all the time (It worked in my case).

The web site link provided earlier has the repair information.
I do not know if HP service centers are still serving this model -- for this
issue (likely they are).

Problem: Printer picks up all of the pages in the paper feed and
jams. Alternatively, printer won't pick up any paper.

Cause: Worn out pickup roller and separation pad fail to properly grip
paper, causing paper jam. Note: The new pickup roller and pads we provide
have been reformulated and should last significantly longer than the ones
originally provided by the manufacturer.

Solution: Replace the necessary parts, all of which are included in
this repair kit (along with easy to follow directions).

Kit Includes:
a.. Pickup Roller
b.. Separation Pad
c.. 2 Sub Pads