Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ser_99mt.exe -Any Chance??

hello,

Ok, I have this NEC Multisync MT1040 projector and the colors are
unaligned. According to the repair guild I should use the software to
re-align them. The program to do it is called Ser_99mt.exe. So, Just
curious if anyone has this. I know its a shot in the dark but I got the
projector free and just want to fix the color problem. The colors have
seperated so that if you look at an image the colors are "ghosting".

Better yet, If anyone has worked on these and knows a way to do it without
the software.

Well, Thanks for any replies.

--
Thanks,

Coffee

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ok, I have this NEC Multisync MT1040 projector and the colors are
unaligned. According to the repair guild I should use the software to
re-align them. The program to do it is called Ser_99mt.exe. So, Just
curious if anyone has this. I know its a shot in the dark but I got the
projector free and just want to fix the color problem. The colors have
seperated so that if you look at an image the colors are "ghosting".
Better yet, If anyone has worked on these and knows a way to do it without
the software.

Coffee,
The "mis-convergence" effect you describe sounds like someone "diddled"
the optical block while they were fooling around inside that projo. I have
not worked on that model, but on Sanyo LCD projectors, only mechanical
adjustments correct for the misaligned LCD panels, polarizing filters, etc.
I have the MT1040 .pdf service manual that describes the process but don't
have any software. You need special tools and extention cables to realign
the optical block. If the three images don't exactly overlap, it's not a
software problem, it's a mechanical misalignment.

Ray

--

My return addy is spamblocked. To reply, remove the zeroes.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:05:36 -0800, Ray Carlsen wrote:

[...]

Ray,

Thanks so much for your input. This is the first projector that Ive really
had an opportunity to mess with. Just thought if I could get it going it
would make a good one.

Im sure this would cost alot to have someplace do it. Probably not worth
it.

I guess sell it for parts?

Thanks again for your thoughts.

--
coffee

HVACSuitesetup.exe (00/17) .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com Home Repair 4 December 3rd 05 09:09 AM
Forgery alert !!! HVACSuiteSetup.exe (001/527) [email protected]._my_sig_for_address.com . Home Repair 4 October 3rd 05 11:26 AM
Ok Heres your chance Matt Home Repair 12 February 5th 05 10:55 PM
Playstation 2, last chance John Smith Electronics Repair 4 November 30th 04 11:58 PM
La chance de votre vie Gerald Miller Metalworking 0 January 26th 04 01:35 AM