Matt

Default Ok Heres your chance

Allright, I've been very busy hurling insults at you, now it's your
turn to insult me!

I had new gutters installed last year. One of the downspouts runs from
the second story to the ground floor, and terminates with the standard
90 degree elbow.

The problem is it terminates just outside my bedroom window.

When it rains, the water comes hurling down the downspout and splashes
against the bottom of the elbow with a very loud, and not very friendly
sounding.... um... well, for lack of a better term: PLONK.

IM NOT KIDDING ABOUT THIS.

Any ideas on how to keep my gutters from plonking me?

Travis Jordan

Matt wrote:
Any ideas on how to keep my gutters from plonking me?

Run a big galvanized chain (link type) down the inside of the gutter.

Jim M

"Matt" wrote in message

Any ideas on how to keep my gutters from plonking me?

Quit insulting your gutters....Jim

Joseph Meehan

Travis Jordan wrote:
Matt wrote:
Any ideas on how to keep my gutters from plonking me?

Run a big galvanized chain (link type) down the inside of the gutter.

Gee, I was just going to suggest that. I did not think anyone else
would know about it.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Joe Zimmerman

Re-route the gutter to flow inside your bedroom window, and over to your
bed.

If you wake up all wet and cold, move to another room thats not near a
gutter.

"Jim M" jim wrote in message ...

"Matt" wrote in message

Any ideas on how to keep my gutters from plonking me?

Quit insulting your gutters....Jim

bumtracks

Next heavy downpour go out with one of those holy spatula's, to flip the
rain out of eyes, and lean or shove on that downspout.

When runoff falls straight down an opening it stands to reason you're gonna
hear lotsa noise when it hits that tin or alum ell, make the whole thing
slightly crooked, or angled so water sticks to one side and it'll swirl.
It'll Roar & Rattle with heavy runoff when it has the correct angle.

Phisherman

On 4 Feb 2005 08:01:00 -0800, "Matt" wrote:

Allright, I've been very busy hurling insults at you, now it's your
turn to insult me!

I had new gutters installed last year. One of the downspouts runs from
the second story to the ground floor, and terminates with the standard
90 degree elbow.

The problem is it terminates just outside my bedroom window.

When it rains, the water comes hurling down the downspout and splashes
against the bottom of the elbow with a very loud, and not very friendly
sounding.... um... well, for lack of a better term: PLONK.

IM NOT KIDDING ABOUT THIS.

Any ideas on how to keep my gutters from plonking me?

This is a common problem. One solution is to hang a plastic chain or
rope inside the downspout.

Matt

THANKS EVERYONE!

Ross Mac

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Allright, I've been very busy hurling insults at you, now it's your
turn to insult me!

I had new gutters installed last year. One of the downspouts runs from
the second story to the ground floor, and terminates with the standard
90 degree elbow.

The problem is it terminates just outside my bedroom window.

When it rains, the water comes hurling down the downspout and splashes
against the bottom of the elbow with a very loud, and not very friendly
sounding.... um... well, for lack of a better term: PLONK.

IM NOT KIDDING ABOUT THIS.

Any ideas on how to keep my gutters from plonking me?

You might try a rubber elbow....at least it would be quieter....Ross

Jmagerl

The guy who did my gutter installed the downspout with an ever so slight
tilt. Not enough to see but enough to make the water run down the sides
instead of falling 2 stories. Before he did that I tie wrapped a sponge
inside the bottom Elbow for a temporary fix.

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Allright, I've been very busy hurling insults at you, now it's your
turn to insult me!

I had new gutters installed last year. One of the downspouts runs from
the second story to the ground floor, and terminates with the standard
90 degree elbow.

The problem is it terminates just outside my bedroom window.

When it rains, the water comes hurling down the downspout and splashes
against the bottom of the elbow with a very loud, and not very friendly
sounding.... um... well, for lack of a better term: PLONK.

IM NOT KIDDING ABOUT THIS.

Any ideas on how to keep my gutters from plonking me?

Matt

Thanks again everyone.

I was thinking about just taking the 90 off, and letting the downspout
dump into a splashblock; but I like these ideas better.

Thanks...!

TURTLE

"Joe Zimmerman" wrote in message
Re-route the gutter to flow inside your bedroom window, and over to your bed.

If you wake up all wet and cold, move to another room thats not near a gutter.

This is Turtle.

I think your cure was the best of all.

TURTLE

Kathy

"Joe Zimmerman" wrote in message
Re-route the gutter to flow inside your bedroom window, and over to your
bed.

If you wake up all wet and cold, move to another room thats not near a
gutter.

_That_ was a perfect answer for Matt.