Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default NEW: "Ask Mr. Microwave" Blog (for immediate release)

Rick Onanian wrote:
Homer J Simpson wrote:

"Rick Onanian" wrote in message

Like what? The Presto Pizzazz? I have one, it doesn't crisp the
bottom at

How else can you cook a pizza from frozen in 13 minutes? I have one
and it works fine. You need to set it correctly for the style of pizza.

Well, the toaster oven I described does it faster than 13 minutes. How
do you set the Pizzazz to crisp the bottom of the pizza without
vaporizing the top, or indeed to crisp the bottom at all?

Use a combi, thin bottom frozen pizza done
in 16 minutes with grill and bottomheat
at 230 celcius.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Goedjn wrote:

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 15:57:26 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Rick Onanian wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Rick Onanian wrote:
You can reheat a pizza in a microwave and have it dry out? I've never
nuked any piece of pizza that didn't come out soggy.

Amateur! I can make it look and feel just like I walked in the door
with it in the box.

Share your pizza-nuking voodoo with the world, or at least with me. I
currently have to use the toaster oven. I bow to your pizza-nuking
superiority.

It sounds like you are trying to fix a frozen pizza in a microwave.
They have never been cooked, so they have too much moisture. I used to
fix them on a "Black Angus" rotisserie oven by baking the crust on the
top, then putting it into the oven to melt the cheese, and brown the
toppings.

I wrote a simple timer program for my computer to tell me when to
move the pizza, and when to remove it. You couldn't tell it from a
pizza from a pizzeria.

I have been looking at one of those countertop pizza ovens, but I
can't justify the cost.

I've been told that the best way to make a
pizza at home is to shove the thing in the oven,
and set it to "self clean".

My oven is propane. It doesn't self clean. I ran out of propane
several years ago and never bothered to refill the tank.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Rick Onanian wrote:

George wrote:
Naw, fresh hot pizza is great and next day cold "breakfeast pizza" is
almost as good. Reheated pizza is mediocre.

...which brings us back around to the question of how to reheat it
quickly and tastefully. "Mediocre" is the best rating I can give
microwave-reheated pizza; but reheated a toaster oven, pizza from one
particular local place is even better than fresh.

I put it on a paper plate, cover it with the plastic shield, and set
it on high for one minute. If it has been in the fridge too long I run
a little water over the bottom first. I use an old, high power
microwave that cooks quickly. Also, I use a 8" pyrex dish on top of the
glass turntable, so the microwaves hit all the surfaces. The plastic
shield fits perfectly, and holds the heat in a smaller area. It will do
a decent job of browning beef, as well. A burger or cube steak cooked
for about five minutes comes out well done. I use a plastic coated paper
plate and tilt it in the pyrex dish so the fats drain as it cooks.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Sjouke Burry wrote:

Use a combi, thin bottom frozen pizza done
in 16 minutes with grill and bottomheat
at 230 celcius.

Guess it depends where you live. In about 16 minutes, I can call in,
pick up & return home with a fresh (not chain / not prefrozen frozen) pizza.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

for reheating pizza from the local place I do a 2 step method. I nuke
it first to thaw if frozen or slightly warm if just refrigerated, then
put in the toaster oven to heat and brown. In the toaster oven I put it
directly on the wire rack no plate or pan.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

tomh wrote:
for reheating pizza from the local place I do a 2 step method. I
nuke it first to thaw if frozen or slightly warm if just refrigerated,
then put in the toaster oven to heat and brown. In the toaster oven I
put it directly on the wire rack no plate or pan.

That would cause a huge mess of cheese in the toaster oven (and a major
lack of cheese on the pizza) for me.

Pardon Lottery jim rozen Metalworking 37 April 12th 06 05:34 AM
International School of Blog Repair Cliff Metalworking 0 March 27th 06 12:51 PM