Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,sci.electronics.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default NEW: "Ask Mr. Microwave" Blog (for immediate release)

Rick Onanian wrote:

George wrote:
Naw, fresh hot pizza is great and next day cold "breakfeast pizza" is
almost as good. Reheated pizza is mediocre.

...which brings us back around to the question of how to reheat it
quickly and tastefully. "Mediocre" is the best rating I can give
microwave-reheated pizza; but reheated a toaster oven, pizza from one
particular local place is even better than fresh.

I put it on a paper plate, cover it with the plastic shield, and set
it on high for one minute. If it has been in the fridge too long I run
a little water over the bottom first. I use an old, high power
microwave that cooks quickly. Also, I use a 8" pyrex dish on top of the
glass turntable, so the microwaves hit all the surfaces. The plastic
shield fits perfectly, and holds the heat in a smaller area. It will do
a decent job of browning beef, as well. A burger or cube steak cooked
for about five minutes comes out well done. I use a plastic coated paper
plate and tilt it in the pyrex dish so the fats drain as it cooks.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida