Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Wireless Mic question?

I picked up an Audio-Technica U.S. ATR45 W/T (VHF FM) wireless mic at an
estate sale yesterday.
Any one know if it will work with my grand son's guitar. I'll have to make
up some cords (1/8 to !/4) to make the connections. RM~

PS, I also got one of Radio Shacks wireless mics (came with the package) but
it works on 49.890 which I believe is right in with the cordless phones.
That ought to be interesting.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
"Rob Mills" wrote:

I picked up an Audio-Technica U.S. ATR45 W/T (VHF FM) wireless mic at an
estate sale yesterday.
Any one know if it will work with my grand son's guitar. I'll have to make
up some cords (1/8 to !/4) to make the connections. RM~

PS, I also got one of Radio Shacks wireless mics (came with the package) but
it works on 49.890 which I believe is right in with the cordless phones.
That ought to be interesting.

Rob-

If either has an input for a separate audio feed, you may be able to
plug-in an acoustical pickup that would be mounted on the guitar. Such
pickups are usually found in music stores that carry guitars, if he
doesn't already have one.

Fred
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message

If either has an input for a separate audio feed, you may be able to

plug-in an acoustical pickup that would be mounted on the guitar. Such
pickups are usually found in music stores that carry guitars, if he
doesn't already have one.

They are elect guitars, the one I would like to hook it to is a Fender
Squire Stratacaster and the amp is a 16 watt Kustom that I keep here at the
house for two grand sons' to pick on when they are here.
This after noon I did hook the guitar to the transmitter and played (meaning
I made noise) it into a police scanner (170.305 & 169.505) and it seemed to
work okay to that point.
I didn't have a patch cord (will have to make one this week) to hook the
receiver to the amp yet
What I didn't understand about the receiver is that it has two *outputs*,
one labeled "Mic" and the other labeled "phone". I have seen Mic inputs but
not Mic outs, guess I'll figure it out when I can hook it to the amp.
Thanks, RM ~

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Rob Mills wrote:
What I didn't understand about the receiver is that it has two
*outputs*, one labeled "Mic" and the other labeled "phone". I have seen
Mic inputs but not Mic outs, guess I'll figure it out when I can hook it
to the amp.

Just different output levels so you can feed into either a mic or line
input.

--
*Gravity is a myth, the earth sucks *

Dave Plowman London SW