Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA model #P46159WK dead, no 15 volt standby

Chassis is a CTC169BTA. Checked power supply on pin 16 of switching IC
controller, and the voltage is not stable - swinging from a few volts
to about 15 volts. Managed to check the 15 volt standby test point (no
voltage) when my test probe slipped. Now I definitely have a known bad
part - switching transistor. Anyway, since I don't have a schematic, I
tried to trace the 15 volt source back, but get lost. Should I be
following this direction, or should I be checking the 5 volt standby? A
schematic and or anyone's suggestions for next step much appreciated.
Thanks group.