Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SII9993 Data sheet

Does anyone know where I can find the full data sheet for the Silicon
Image SII9993CTG100 HDMI receiver IC? All Silicon image has on their
web site is a 2 page description, not the full data sheet.
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andy Cuffe wrote in
:

Does anyone know where I can find the full data sheet for the Silicon
Image SII9993CTG100 HDMI receiver IC? All Silicon image has on their
web site is a 2 page description, not the full data sheet.
Andy Cuffe

http://www.siimage.com/products/product.aspx?id=20

FWIW, it says on that site to contact local sales rep for datasheets. They
also have a "Find a local sales contact" hyperlink on that page.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:27:05 GMT, propman wrote:

Andy Cuffe wrote in
:

Does anyone know where I can find the full data sheet for the Silicon
Image SII9993CTG100 HDMI receiver IC? All Silicon image has on their
web site is a 2 page description, not the full data sheet.
Andy Cuffe

http://www.siimage.com/products/product.aspx?id=20

FWIW, it says on that site to contact local sales rep for datasheets. They
also have a "Find a local sales contact" hyperlink on that page.

I'll give them a try, but it's unlikely that anyone official will be
willing to give me the data sheet due to DRM concerns.

I saved the hdmi receiver board from a scrap TV and I would like to
use it to built a DVI-D to RGB converter. The chip is capable of
doing this (hdmi uses DVI signaling), but I need to know how to
control it over the serial I/O bus before it will do anything. It's
probably just a matter of giving it a few commands to tell it what to
do.
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:27:05 GMT, propman wrote:

Andy Cuffe wrote in
:

Does anyone know where I can find the full data sheet for the Silicon
Image SII9993CTG100 HDMI receiver IC? All Silicon image has on their
web site is a 2 page description, not the full data sheet.
Andy Cuffe

http://www.siimage.com/products/product.aspx?id=20

FWIW, it says on that site to contact local sales rep for datasheets. They
also have a "Find a local sales contact" hyperlink on that page.

No one at Silicon Image, or their sales reps is willing to give me a
data sheet. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andy Cuffe wrote in
:

FWIW, it says on that site to contact local sales rep for datasheets.
They also have a "Find a local sales contact" hyperlink on that page.

No one at Silicon Image, or their sales reps is willing to give me a
data sheet. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Andy Cuffe

Don't know if you can get just the data sheet but you might want to check
out the following site:

http://www.netcomponents.com/results...=SII9993CTG100
&SUBMIT1=Search

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:08:14 GMT, propman wrote:

Andy Cuffe wrote in
:

FWIW, it says on that site to contact local sales rep for datasheets.
They also have a "Find a local sales contact" hyperlink on that page.

No one at Silicon Image, or their sales reps is willing to give me a
data sheet. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Andy Cuffe

Don't know if you can get just the data sheet but you might want to check
out the following site:

http://www.netcomponents.com/results...=SII9993CTG100
&SUBMIT1=Search

Thanks for the tip, but that's a paid web site and I doubt they have a
full data sheet. It seems like it's impossible to find. Silicon
Image got back to me talking about lawyers and NDAs.

It looks like it's now illegal to know how the things you own work...
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andy Cuffe wrote in
:

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:08:14 GMT, propman wrote:

Andy Cuffe wrote in
m:

http://www.netcomponents.com/results...=f&r=1&d=1&pn1

=SII9993CTG100
&SUBMIT1=Search

Thanks for the tip, but that's a paid web site and I doubt they have a
full data sheet. It seems like it's impossible to find. Silicon
Image got back to me talking about lawyers and NDAs.

It looks like it's now illegal to know how the things you own work...
Andy Cuffe

Unreal! Makes a person wonder........

Hmmmmm......wonder if a gentle hint about "new technology" and "NDA's"
in one of the asian electronic forums would produce any results? ;-)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andy Cuffe wrote:
[...]

We can thank our Asian friends for this. A friend of mine who worked at
NS told me of an incident where a Chinese company copied the design of
at least 3 NS IC's by acquiring their data sheets and engineering docs.
They were signal processing ICs. In the ongoing investigation, NS
found out that the information came from their online data sheets. He
would not go into details because the investigation is still going on
and related legal wrangling...

I am looking for the fallout from this being that it may infact be
almost impossible to get datasheets, or ones that don't go into the
architecture of the chips.
Interesting, we set up foundries, educate, and get out lunch taken away!

John

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:12:14 -0400, John Hudak
wrote:

We can thank our Asian friends for this. A friend of mine who worked at
NS told me of an incident where a Chinese company copied the design of
at least 3 NS IC's by acquiring their data sheets and engineering docs.
They were signal processing ICs. In the ongoing investigation, NS
found out that the information came from their online data sheets. He
would not go into details because the investigation is still going on
and related legal wrangling...

I am looking for the fallout from this being that it may infact be
almost impossible to get datasheets, or ones that don't go into the
architecture of the chips.
Interesting, we set up foundries, educate, and get out lunch taken away!

John

I'm blaming Hollywood for this. They are afraid that people will use
these ICs to steal HD movies.

There was a recent thread about how more and more TVs are being booby
trapped to try to prevent people from getting inside and finding the
decrypted video signals. They're doing this so they can tell the
Hollywood lawyers that they made every effort to make their sets
tamperproof when they do get sued after someone modifies a TV to steal
movies.
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John Hudak wrote in news:eho2cv$3uq$1
@usenet02.sei.cmu.edu:

We can thank our Asian friends for this.

For things like an HDMI chip, also blame the MPAA et al. Or, by extension,
blame content pirates for "forcing" the MPAAs hands for requiring HDMI.