Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Kenwood KR-V7030 receiver acting odd.

Yesterday I unplugged my record player from my receiver, which was also
using the receiver as the power source. Later that day, I went to turn
the receiver on, and it would not come on. The "standby" light was
still on, and I checked the 5A removable fuse on the power board and it
is fine. I saw in a thread elsewhere on the net on how to "reset" the
amp for general malfunctions, which consisted of unplugging the unit,
then holding the power button down and plugging the unit in. This
worked, to a degree. The unit powered up, but it is now stuck in the
last configuration it was in. The LCD works, but none of the buttons on
the front panel are responsive, though the manual knobs for bass,
treble, balance, loudness, and volume work. The remote also has no
effect on the unit. I hooked a speaker up and get sound like normal. Is
there anything else I can do to solve this problem? I know it's an old
receiver and not worth paying someone to fix, but I'd hate to toss it,
and can't really afford another at this point. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Just a small addition. I figured out that I can hold down, say, the
"Phono" button on the front panel and plug the unit in and it powers on
and switches to Phono. It did this for Video2 as well. Once on, like
before, none of the buttons work.