Russ Meredith

Default Kenwood Stereo Receiver KR-5040 problem.

Today I bought a Kenwood receiver, CD player and two Bose Interaudio
4000 speakers for $50.00. I wanted the speakers for my shop system.
The new equipment is in perfect physical condition. So good in fact I
want to replace the Fisher stuff in the shop with this one.

The seller told me there was no sound at all from any source. This
happened once before but the receiver started working again on its
own.

I have looked for a schematic on the intenet without success.

When power is applied everything looks normal. All indicators and the
display work fine. Every function button also gives the proper
indication. The remote control also works fine in all functions
except motor driven volume control. The mute button seems to be
working. Hard to tell with no sound though. Even the memory and
preset buttons are working. Tuning and autotuning are working but the
auto tune cycles continuously. Both A and B speaker buttons have been
tried. The speakers are in like new condition. The case had never
been opened until today. The bottom plate has not been removed.

I suspect a power supply problem. The board has no marked test points
but I do see one large full wave bridge and and two four diode arrays
that are probably full wave bridges.

Does anyone have a schematic showing voltage test points for this
receiver? How is the control of the volume control motor done? One
last point. When I removed the case I could see the volume control
assembly was loose. The retaining nut wasn't tightened. Possibly
that caused a loss of ground to the case. Now when I use the remote
to adjust the volume control the mute lamp flashes but the motor
does't start.

Thanks in advance.

Russ

Russ Meredith

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:17:10 -0400, "Leonard G. Caillouet"
wrote:

I have a manual for a KR-A5040 (1992) if that is the unit you have, nothing
on one w/o the A. Email me if you need it @ $10 + s/h.

Leonard Caillouet

"Russ Meredith" wrote in message
.. .

I sent an email to stating my interest in buying
the KR-A5040 manual. Let me know where to send a M.O.

Russ

Convert Miniature Lamps to LED on Stereo Receiver canaanskier Electronics 3 June 26th 04 04:17 AM
Car Stereo Installation Problem Larry Electronics 0 July 29th 03 06:05 AM
problem seamus Electronics Repair 1 July 25th 03 02:50 AM
Yamaha receiver / Proscan TV problem after lighting storm *** Foo Man Choo SE Electronics Repair 9 July 22nd 03 02:58 AM
static on right channel of kenwood receiver Sofie Electronics Repair 22 July 20th 03 03:18 AM