Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,alt.usenet.kooks

Default DC Ammeter Sensitivity Increased?

"John Fields" wrote in message

If it's for _your_ consumption, why bother? A few barks and a bowl
of Alpo ought to keep you happy enough...

Depends not fitting snugly?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,alt.usenet.kooks

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 17:31:24 -0500, John Fields did most oddly state:
On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 17:30:19 GMT, "Homer J Simpson" wrote:
"John Fields" wrote...

BTW, Homer shows more than a little interest in Marge so we must wonder
about YOUR homosexual fixations. You should talk to the 'Reverend'
Phelps.

And your identification with a dysfunctional cartoon character is
healthy? You should talk to a shrink if you can find one who can keep
from laughing in your face.

He is a summation of the US male.

---
Well, imitation _is_ the sincerest form of flattery, I suppose, even if
you're forced to aspire to the dregs because that's the best you can do.

Isn't it the best America can do? At least, on average.

Hail Eris! mhm 29x21; TM#5
Demon Lord of Confusion
COOSN-029-06-71069
Supreme High Overlord of rec.radio.*
Chuck Lysaght: Tarred & Feathered!
"It would be offly hard for any of you to abuse me on usenet. Really. I
have the advantage. I could easily turn alt.usenet.kooks into a cesspool
of encoded posts. Bringing the noise ratio up so high as to make the
group worthless. Anybody who can code could do this, why nobody has
bothered before now is beyond me. The ultimate spamming engine..
'BAWAHAHA'" -- Dustbin "Outer Filth" K00k's delusions of grandeur
reached new heights, in Message-ID:

"Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time." -- H.
L. Mencken

"Consider that language a moment. 'Purposefully and materially
supported hostilities against the United States' is in the eye of the
beholder, and this administration has proven itself to be astonishingly
impatient with criticism of any kind. The broad powers given to Bush by
this legislation allow him to capture, indefinitely detain, and refuse a
hearing to any American citizen who speaks out against Iraq or any other
part of the so-called 'War on Terror.'

"If you write a letter to the editor attacking Bush, you could be
deemed as purposefully and materially supporting hostilities against the
United States. If you organize or join a public demonstration against
Iraq, or against the administration, the same designation could befall
you. One dark-comedy aspect of the legislation is that senators or House
members who publicly disagree with Bush, criticize him, or organize
investigations into his dealings could be placed under the same
designation. In effect, Congress just gave Bush the power to lock them
up." -- William Rivers Pitt
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,alt.usenet.kooks

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 23:26:37 GMT, "Homer J Simpson"
wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message
.. .

If it's for _your_ consumption, why bother? A few barks and a bowl
of Alpo ought to keep you happy enough...

Depends not fitting snugly?

---
Goodbye Homer, you're really not interesting enough to bother with,
but thank you for your time.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,alt.usenet.kooks

"John Fields" wrote in message

Depends not fitting snugly?

Goodbye Homer, you're really not interesting enough to bother with,
but thank you for your time.

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,alt.usenet.kooks

"John Fields" wrote in message
news
Well, imitation _is_ the sincerest form of flattery, I suppose, even
if you're forced to aspire to the dregs because that's the best you
can do.

Try a higher dose of fibre.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,alt.usenet.kooks

"The God of Odd Statements" wrote in message
news
Isn't it the best America can do? At least, on average.

Yes. On average.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design

Mark Zenier wrote:
In article ,
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

current draw would be so I grabbed one of the foglight assemblies and
connected it to the Eico 1050 battery charger/DC power supply which has
been part of my garage tool clutter for nearly 50 years:

Er, are you feeding a peak reading meter the unfiltered output of
a full wave rectifier?

Just dropped back in, and in response to your question, the EICO does
have a pretty large filter cap in it, though I can't testify to how many
of its microfarads may have grown legs and run away over the years.

However, the check I performed against my bench supply, which is
definitely well filtered, confirmed the ammeter's calibration error.

I got a few giggles reading some of the interchanges on this thread I
started, between "Homer J Simpson" and others.

I'm thinking that some of the participants' alimentary canals may have
somehow gotten completely reversed. Medical miricals, to be sure.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design

Jeff Wisnia wrote in news:x9udnZ-VU-
:

I'm thinking that some of the participants' alimentary canals may have
somehow gotten completely reversed.

That's been said to be even worse than it sounds. (House...)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 16:03:46 -0500, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I'm thinking that some of the participants' alimentary canals may have
somehow gotten completely reversed. Medical miricals, to be sure.

Sounds like a case of optical rectusis - when the optic nerve gets
scrambled with the nerve to the bowels.

It gives you a ****ty outlook on life. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich