Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default fluorescent fixtures

I bought a 4 foot fluorescent for my shop which plugs into a wall
recepticle, however it is not enough light. Can I wire two of the same
fixtures together and then plug them into the one wall recepticle? Patt

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Patt" wrote in message

I bought a 4 foot fluorescent for my shop which plugs into a wall
recepticle, however it is not enough light. Can I wire two of the same
fixtures together and then plug them into the one wall recepticle? Patt

Buy a multi outlet adaptor at the dollar store and plug two in. No, you
can't wire two together unless you follow the Code and it's too much work.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Homer J Simpson wrote:

"Patt" wrote in message

I bought a 4 foot fluorescent for my shop which plugs into a wall
recepticle, however it is not enough light. Can I wire two of the same
fixtures together and then plug them into the one wall recepticle? Patt

Buy a multi outlet adaptor at the dollar store and plug two in. No, you
can't wire two together unless you follow the Code and it's too much work.

Good advice.

Don't screw with 'code'.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article Yt_Rg.35807$1T2.10727@pd7urf2no,
Patt wrote:
I bought a 4 foot fluorescent for my shop which plugs into a wall
recepticle, however it is not enough light. Can I wire two of the same
fixtures together and then plug them into the one wall recepticle? Patt

Neat way would be to change it for a twin tube type?

In general, single tube types just give general illumination. For
workbenches, etc, use twin tube types.

--
*My dog can lick anyone

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Homer J Simpson wrote:
"Patt" wrote in message

I bought a 4 foot fluorescent for my shop which plugs into a wall
recepticle, however it is not enough light. Can I wire two of the same
fixtures together and then plug them into the one wall recepticle? Patt

Buy a multi outlet adaptor at the dollar store and plug two in. No, you
can't wire two together unless you follow the Code and it's too much work.

This is a good answer, Load it up to 15 amps, but check your local
codes to.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Neat way would be to change it for a twin tube type?

In general, single tube types just give general illumination. For
workbenches, etc, use twin tube types.

I bet this is one of those $15 packaged units with a solid state ballast.
Given that the question was asked the answer I gave is safest.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Homer J Simpson wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Neat way would be to change it for a twin tube type?

In general, single tube types just give general illumination. For
workbenches, etc, use twin tube types.

I bet this is one of those $15 packaged units with a solid state ballast.
Given that the question was asked the answer I gave is safest.

Or worse, the ultra-cheap magnetic ballasts that run 40W lamps at a bit
under 25W, go figure they're dim.