Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 41" Sony tv model:KP-41EXR96 chassis:SCC-F23C-A

41" Sony projection tv
model:KP-41EXR96,chassis:SCC-F23C-A,chassis:AP,year:Oct 1993,turns on
for 1 second then constant standby blinking LED until I press the power
button again.I disconnected D2 connector (8 pin located near both
STK4278L's) on the D board (convergence board located behind front
speaker grills) and the tv came on with sound but only 3 lines going
from left to right (red,green & blue).Also disconnecting D-5 connector
allows tv to stay on with audio.

I noticed some other repair shop had resoldered both convergence IC's:
IC1704 & IC1705=STK4278L=NTE7140 (which replaces STK4278) but both old
original 3 amp fuses are still fine.I noticed that two of the pins of
one of the STK4278L's were touching each other so I seperated them and
still tv shuts down with D2 connector plugged in.

So I replaced IC1704 & IC1705 with exact generics and still not staying
on.I don't usually repair projection tv's and never do service calls
but this unit is light and the customer dropped it off at my
apartment.I am on slow dial up internet so cannot download or view the
service manuals which are usually in PDF:

https://www.vancebaldwin.com/shop/re.../KP41EXR96.pdf -AP

so if someone could download the schematic of the convergence board
ONLY dealing with D2 connector area I would really appreciate it and
email it to me at the below address.

Does anyone have any common repair tips for me too?.

Sidney
E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com
Dartmouth,Nova scotia
Canada

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 22 Aug 2006 09:09:04 -0700, wrote:

[...]

I can send it to you if you want. It's around 1 MB for that page at
full resolution.
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andy Cuffe wrote:
[...]

Andy thanks alot for the offer but someone last night sent me the 6
pages required,thanks again.For being helpful you can download tons of
service manuals & more he

http://www.schematicsforfree.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andy Cuffe wrote:
[...]

I found that something is shorting out the output of IC905=7915A=-12v
reg (on D board,front convergence board),I unsoldered the parts near it
including the vertical output IC and still the -12v is restored when
D2=connector (green CRT plug on D board)is unplugged I cannot isolate
the shorted component,it must be between D2 connector and IC1704 &
IC1705=STK4278L=convergence IC's.

Anyone have any common repair tips?.Thanks alot.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Update:

The tv below came from another repair shop where a "bonehead" tech
switched two of the wires from D2=going to green crt connector with
some of the ones going to blue hence the -15v was going to some of the
yoke coils then to ground causing the shorted output condition to -15v
regulator (IC906).

Now I have a constant blinking standby LED light unless I increase the
red,green & blue screen pots of the screen/focus block assembly but the
picture is weak with excessive round red,greeen & blue retrace lines.

Anyway to improve picture quality like IK blanking bypass? or an easy
home made crt resorter?,also the links below I don't believe would
apply to Sony projos am I correct?.

10 Sony IK circuit bypass sites:

http://members.aol.com/philselectronics/images/ik.gif
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/June03/June0311.html