Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 41" Sony projo model:KP-41EXR96,chassis:SCC-F23C-A

41" Sony projection tv
model:KP-41EXR96,chassis:SCC-F23C-A,chassis:AP,year:Oct 1993,turns on
for 1 second then constant standby blinking LED until I press the power
button again.I disconnected the HV cable going into splitter and still
I also rang the T803=flyback # 1-439-521-11 because it has this fuzz
noise and it was fine using this method:

I ring flyback,SMPS's x-fmers,video heads,yokes and other x-fmrs using
the calibration output of my TEK465 and two 0.1Uf poly caps:

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/flypoor.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Dec02/Dec021.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Dec02/Dec023.html

I need repair tips as I don't usually repair projection tv's and never
do service calls but this unit is light and the customer dropped it off
at my apartment.I am on slow dial up internet so cannot download or
view the service manuals which are usually in PDF:

http://www.schematicsforfree.com
http://www.schematicsforfree.mattsoft.net
http://schematicsforfree.mattsoft.net
http://schforfree.seedhost.com
http://www.epanorama.net/schematicsforfree

then click on "click here to see the files"

Sony common repair tips at:

http://www.orpheuscomputing.com/tech...downloads.html
http://www.moyerelectronics.com
http://intrepid-video.com/techhelp.htm
http://wa6ati.com

then click on "TSS logs for Sony".

So if anyone has any repair tips thanks in advance.

Sidney
E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com
Dartmouth,Nova scotia
Canada
http://forums.reality-check.ca/image...canadaflag.gif

http://canadiangunnutz.com/forum/ima...rs/canada1.jpg

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

What is this "fuzz noise"? HV leak? What does the horizontal output look
like? It is a clean pulse or does it have ripples or elongation? If so,
you have a bad FB, regarless of the ring test.

Shorting CRTs are not uncommon on these, but they usually take out the HV
drive transistor.

Leonard

wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I disconnected D2 connector (8 pin located near both STK4278L's) on the
D board (convergence board located behind front speaker grills) and the
tv came on with sound but only 3 lines going from left to right
(red,green & blue).

I noticed some other repair shop had resoldered both convergence IC's:
IC1704 & IC1705=STK4278L=NTE7140 (which replaces STK4278) but both old
original 3 amp fuses are still fine.I noticed that two of the pins of
one of the STK4278L's were touching each other so I seperated them and
still tv shuts down with D2 connector plugged in.

I am on slow dial up internet so cannot download or view the service
manuals which are usually in PDF:

https://www.vancebaldwin.com/shop/re.../KP41EXR96.pdf -AP

so if someone could download the schematic of the convergence board
ONLY dealing with D2 connector area I would really appreciate it and
email it to me at the below address.Also just because both original
fuses are not burnt is it possible that one or both STK4278L IC's are
bad? (if so I know I must replace both).

NTE7140 replaces STK4278 which some say the STK4278L has bent pins is
that true? or are the data sheet specs different too?.Thanks.

http://groups.google.com/group/hfx.f...696 fbf04837f

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/May02/May18.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyAudMod.html
http://www.newark.com/product-detail...ge/32-9495.jpg