Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Old Magnavox - picture failing

I have an old Magnavox 25-inch television, model # TP2525C201. The
picture on the screen jitters widely from the left when the scene has a
lot of black in it. When the scene of the program I'm watching is well
lit (a lot of light colors), it doesn't happen. It looks similar to how
it would look if the vertical control were set incorrectly, except that
it is happening from the left, instead of up and down.

The set is over 10 years old. I like to tinker. Is there anything I can
do myself to fix this? Replace a part?

Thanks for any tips.