Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Kenwood VR-2090 very quiet

A friend of mine has a Kenwood VR-2090 reciever which puts out audio but
the level is very quiet, even with the volume turned up all the way to
max. The volume control does effect it though and everything seems to
operate normally, unit doesn't shut down or display any errors. Any
ideas on what to check? The way it's built does not lend itself well to
easy servicing.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

James Sweet wrote:
A friend of mine has a Kenwood VR-2090 reciever which puts out audio
but the level is very quiet, even with the volume turned up all the
way to max. The volume control does effect it though and everything
seems to operate normally, unit doesn't shut down or display any
errors. Any ideas on what to check? The way it's built does not lend
itself well to easy servicing.

1. Turn the volume control DOWN.
2. Turn the Tape Monitor switch OFF.
3. Slowly return volume to normal listening level.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"James Sweet" wrote in message
A friend of mine has a Kenwood VR-2090 reciever which puts out audio but
the level is very quiet, even with the volume turned up all the way to max.
The volume control does effect it though and everything seems to operate
normally, unit doesn't shut down or display any errors. Any ideas on what
to check? The way it's built does not lend itself well to easy servicing.

Check the rear panel carefully for a set of 4 phono sockets for accessory
loop through, that should have links across them - usually indicated by a
thick bar silkscreened onto the rear panel between them. I've seen many
people fooled by these links being missing, and what you get is the exact
symptoms described. That model may not have them, but worth a look ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:
"James Sweet" wrote in message

A friend of mine has a Kenwood VR-2090 reciever which puts out audio but
the level is very quiet, even with the volume turned up all the way to max.
The volume control does effect it though and everything seems to operate
normally, unit doesn't shut down or display any errors. Any ideas on what
to check? The way it's built does not lend itself well to easy servicing.

Check the rear panel carefully for a set of 4 phono sockets for accessory
loop through, that should have links across them - usually indicated by a
thick bar silkscreened onto the rear panel between them. I've seen many
people fooled by these links being missing, and what you get is the exact
symptoms described. That model may not have them, but worth a look ...

Arfa

I know there's no link missing, I'll let him know to check for a tape
monitor setting though. It's the stereo at my friend's machine shop,
they went on vacation and it was fine, came back and it was messed up,
of course none of the employees admit to messing with it but it's
stacked on top of some stuff with a real rat's nest of wires, it'd take
some doing to get to the back of it to mess with anything.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:
[...]

I agree with Mark then. Best bet is the tape monitor switch or any other
switch such as " CD Direct "

Arfa

Need Manual of Emerson Quiet Kool Air Conditioner [email protected] Home Repair 11 September 18th 17 11:46 PM
quiet inline fans Lawrence Home Repair 0 June 11th 06 01:09 AM
Help choosing a quiet oven? Are there any? Daniel Barrett Home Ownership 8 March 21st 06 02:44 PM
Programming a Kenwood TK-690 VHF Transceiver pinpassion Electronics Repair 0 June 15th 05 01:53 PM
Security Code on Kenwood CD player a Electronics Repair 3 October 16th 03 08:49 AM