Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Three curved lines of light

I have a 50" Mitsubishi rear projection tv that's picture has suddenly
gone black. I can barely see the volume and menu screens, but mainly
there are three lines of red, blue and green curved up at the top.
Doesn't look good. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

It's a VS50703.

And now it's gotten worse. Just tried to turn it on to make sure it
hasn't fixed itself (hey, worth a shot), and now it won't even power
up. The green light comes on for a few seconds and then turns right
off. No picture or anything even comes up.

I'm relatively handy, but I know nothing about TV's. Time to start
shopping? This guy's only 6 years old - hope it's not the end.

Leonard Caillouet wrote:
Model #?

Leonard

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 50" Mitsubishi rear projection tv that's picture has suddenly
gone black. I can barely see the volume and menu screens, but mainly
there are three lines of red, blue and green curved up at the top.
Doesn't look good. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Call service, or actually post the model number and the diagnostics you have
actually done. Pushing power switch is not diagnostics.
"mike-o" wrote in message
ups.com...
It's a VS50703.

And now it's gotten worse. Just tried to turn it on to make sure it
hasn't fixed itself (hey, worth a shot), and now it won't even power
up. The green light comes on for a few seconds and then turns right
off. No picture or anything even comes up.

I'm relatively handy, but I know nothing about TV's. Time to start
shopping? This guy's only 6 years old - hope it's not the end.

Leonard Caillouet wrote:
Model #?

Leonard

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 50" Mitsubishi rear projection tv that's picture has suddenly
gone black. I can barely see the volume and menu screens, but mainly
there are three lines of red, blue and green curved up at the top.
Doesn't look good. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You will find coolant has leaked on the board(s) and coroded the connections
between them. Lots of cleaning and repain to be done by someone who is very
familiar with repairing this problem. Don't do anything until you have more
detail on what to do or find someone who is familiar with fixing these.

If you want to communicate more detail post a message at Home Theater Shack
in the service and support forum. I only intermittently check messages here
but I get email notice if someone posts there.

Leonard

"mike-o" wrote in message
ups.com...
It's a VS50703.

And now it's gotten worse. Just tried to turn it on to make sure it
hasn't fixed itself (hey, worth a shot), and now it won't even power
up. The green light comes on for a few seconds and then turns right
off. No picture or anything even comes up.

I'm relatively handy, but I know nothing about TV's. Time to start
shopping? This guy's only 6 years old - hope it's not the end.

It has removed 570 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Leonard,
Thanks - good call. Service guy pulled the board out and found the
corrosion. I'm so ****ed! What causes that? It's only 6 years old, and
it's not even my primary TV - use it mostly for watching movies.

The repair guy said it wasn't worth fixing - do you agree?

"mike-o" wrote in message
ups.com...
It's a VS50703.

And now it's gotten worse. Just tried to turn it on to make sure it
hasn't fixed itself (hey, worth a shot), and now it won't even power
up. The green light comes on for a few seconds and then turns right
off. No picture or anything even comes up.

I'm relatively handy, but I know nothing about TV's. Time to start
shopping? This guy's only 6 years old - hope it's not the end.

It has removed 570 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Post your question on the Home Theater Shack in the Service and Support
Forum http://www.hometheatershack.com and I will be happy to give you some
detailed advice. I fix these all the time.

Leonard

oups.com...

"mike-o" wrote in message
ups.com...
It's a VS50703.

And now it's gotten worse. Just tried to turn it on to make sure it
hasn't fixed itself (hey, worth a shot), and now it won't even power
up. The green light comes on for a few seconds and then turns right
off. No picture or anything even comes up.

I'm relatively handy, but I know nothing about TV's. Time to start
shopping? This guy's only 6 years old - hope it's not the end.

It has removed 570 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

It has removed 1088 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Want a longer lasting light bulb Mel Home Repair 17 October 26th 05 02:25 PM
Light Bulb Phil UK diy 18 March 27th 05 05:50 PM
Survey on Newsgroup Behavior Jens Arndt Home Repair 27 November 2nd 04 01:45 PM
Inground spa light replac barry martin Home Repair 0 October 14th 04 12:30 AM
Changing a light bulb on R.C.M Tom Gardner Metalworking 24 June 6th 04 12:58 AM