Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default relay

Hi group --- I need a couple of relays for the control board in an air
conditioner. The unit is a Carrier and the coils on both relays are
open. These relays are on two different boards and were replaced at two
different times about a year apart. The number on the relay is
Potter&Brumfield T9AV5D22-24 It has a 240volt coil. TIA John
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc mc is offline

Potter & Brumfield is a really major relay maker. I would start by going to
their web site, determining whether this is a current production product,
and checking who sells it in small quantities.

"john carson" wrote in message
news
Hi group --- I need a couple of relays for the control board in an air
conditioner. The unit is a Carrier and the coils on both relays are open.
These relays are on two different boards and were replaced at two
different times about a year apart. The number on the relay is
Potter&Brumfield T9AV5D22-24 It has a 240volt coil. TIA John

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
john carson wrote:
Hi group --- I need a couple of relays for the control board in an air
conditioner. The unit is a Carrier and the coils on both relays are
open. These relays are on two different boards and were replaced at two
different times about a year apart. The number on the relay is
Potter&Brumfield T9AV5D22-24 It has a 240volt coil. TIA John

Burnt out coils are pretty unusual. But two at once?

--
*Procrastinate now

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc mc is offline

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
john carson wrote:
Hi group --- I need a couple of relays for the control board in an air
conditioner. The unit is a Carrier and the coils on both relays are
open. These relays are on two different boards and were replaced at two
different times about a year apart. The number on the relay is
Potter&Brumfield T9AV5D22-24 It has a 240volt coil. TIA John

Burnt out coils are pretty unusual. But two at once?

Lightning strike?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:10:29 GMT, john carson put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi group --- I need a couple of relays for the control board in an air
conditioner. The unit is a Carrier and the coils on both relays are
open. These relays are on two different boards and were replaced at two
different times about a year apart. The number on the relay is
Potter&Brumfield T9AV5D22-24 It has a 240volt coil. TIA John

AFAICS, the relay has a 24V DC coil and 30A contacts:
http://catalog.tycoelectronics.com/T...AV5D22-24&I=13

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
mc wrote:
Burnt out coils are pretty unusual. But two at once?

Lightning strike?

Possibly, but I'd expect many other things to fail first.

--
*When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty*