DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   relay (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/169734-relay.html)

john carson July 19th 06 07:10 PM

relay

Hi group --- I need a couple of relays for the control board in an air
conditioner. The unit is a Carrier and the coils on both relays are
open. These relays are on two different boards and were replaced at two
different times about a year apart. The number on the relay is
Potter&Brumfield T9AV5D22-24 It has a 240volt coil. TIA John

mc July 19th 06 08:30 PM

relay

Potter & Brumfield is a really major relay maker. I would start by going to
their web site, determining whether this is a current production product,
and checking who sells it in small quantities.

Dave Plowman (News) July 19th 06 09:25 PM

relay

In article ,
john carson wrote:
Hi group --- I need a couple of relays for the control board in an air
conditioner. The unit is a Carrier and the coils on both relays are
open. These relays are on two different boards and were replaced at two
different times about a year apart. The number on the relay is
Potter&Brumfield T9AV5D22-24 It has a 240volt coil. TIA John

Burnt out coils are pretty unusual. But two at once?

--
*Procrastinate now

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

mc July 19th 06 10:22 PM

relay

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
john carson wrote:
Hi group --- I need a couple of relays for the control board in an air
conditioner. The unit is a Carrier and the coils on both relays are
open. These relays are on two different boards and were replaced at two
different times about a year apart. The number on the relay is
Potter&Brumfield T9AV5D22-24 It has a 240volt coil. TIA John

Burnt out coils are pretty unusual. But two at once?

Lightning strike?

Franc Zabkar July 20th 06 08:09 AM

relay

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:10:29 GMT, john carson put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi group --- I need a couple of relays for the control board in an air
conditioner. The unit is a Carrier and the coils on both relays are
open. These relays are on two different boards and were replaced at two
different times about a year apart. The number on the relay is
Potter&Brumfield T9AV5D22-24 It has a 240volt coil. TIA John

AFAICS, the relay has a 24V DC coil and 30A contacts:
http://catalog.tycoelectronics.com/T...AV5D22-24&I=13

- Franc Zabkar

Dave Plowman (News) July 20th 06 09:48 PM

relay

In article ,
mc wrote:
Burnt out coils are pretty unusual. But two at once?

Lightning strike?

Possibly, but I'd expect many other things to fail first.

--
*When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty*