Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help Connecting RG59 Coax

My house was wired with RG-59 coax for tv. The wiring was run in series
with 3 coax in some boxes. Is there any way to make this work or should
I just start over? Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

What are you trying to make work,Cable TV,Antenna or Satellite ?
Sounds like a typical installation where you have three cables in on
box,you would need to install a splitter (one in and two out ). if you are
using you tv at that box
you might need a (one in and three out) splitter.
"Nick4" wrote in message
oups.com...
My house was wired with RG-59 coax for tv. The wiring was run in series
with 3 coax in some boxes. Is there any way to make this work or should
I just start over? Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Nick4 wrote:
My house was wired with RG-59 coax for tv. The wiring was run in series
with 3 coax in some boxes. Is there any way to make this work or should
I just start over? Thanks

What's the problem?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dick wrote:
What are you trying to make work,Cable TV,Antenna or Satellite ?
Sounds like a typical installation where you have three cables in on
box,you would need to install a splitter (one in and two out ). if you are
using you tv at that box
you might need a (one in and three out) splitter.
"Nick4" wrote in message
oups.com...
My house was wired with RG-59 coax for tv. The wiring was run in series
with 3 coax in some boxes. Is there any way to make this work or should
I just start over? Thanks

I am trying to running a signal from satellite tv to the other rooms
one problem is that there is limited room in the outlet box for the
coax to be connected together and signal strength at the far end is the
other issue.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

CJT wrote:
Nick4 wrote:
My house was wired with RG-59 coax for tv. The wiring was run in series
with 3 coax in some boxes. Is there any way to make this work or should
I just start over? Thanks

What's the problem?

A couple of problems, poor signal at the end and limited room in the
boxes.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Nick4" wrote in message
oups.com...

CJT wrote:
Nick4 wrote:
My house was wired with RG-59 coax for tv. The wiring was run in

series
with 3 coax in some boxes. Is there any way to make this work or

should
I just start over? Thanks

What's the problem?

A couple of problems, poor signal at the end and limited room in the
boxes.

Are you wanting to send the RF output from the satellite box out to the
other rooms with the cable, or are you trying to use the cable to get the
satellite signal to the satellite box from the dish?
If it is the latter, RG59 is not suitable for a 12 gHz satellite signal.
The loss is too great for any runs over about 20 feet to be useful.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If it were me I would start over and run RG6 cable because RG59 does not
work well with satellite signals.
"Nick4" wrote in message
oups.com...
My house was wired with RG-59 coax for tv. The wiring was run in series
with 3 coax in some boxes. Is there any way to make this work or should
I just start over? Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael Ware wrote:
"Nick4" wrote in message
oups.com...

CJT wrote:
Nick4 wrote:
My house was wired with RG-59 coax for tv. The wiring was run in

series
with 3 coax in some boxes. Is there any way to make this work or

should
I just start over? Thanks

What's the problem?

A couple of problems, poor signal at the end and limited room in the
bo

Are you wanting to send the RF output from the satellite box out to the
other rooms with the cable, or are you trying to use the cable to get the
satellite signal to the satellite box from the dish?
If it is the latter, RG59 is not suitable for a 12 gHz satellite signal.
The loss is too great for any runs over about 20 feet to be useful.

I am sending RF output from the satellite box, the biggest issue is
connecting the coax together in the boxes in each of the rooms. I have
standard 2X4 boxes with up to 3 coax cables in each which is very
crowded, a potential solution could be to tear out the boxes and put in
a larger one, I was looking for an easier solution to tying the coax
together.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11 Jul 2006 06:32:11 -0700, "Nick4" wrote:

I am sending RF output from the satellite box, the biggest issue is
connecting the coax together in the boxes in each of the rooms. I have
standard 2X4 boxes with up to 3 coax cables in each which is very
crowded, a potential solution could be to tear out the boxes and put in
a larger one, I was looking for an easier solution to tying the coax
together.

What about using 90degree elbow connectors (male to female) inside
those boxes, it might give you that extra bit of room to work with.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dick" wrote in message
If it were me I would start over and run RG6 cable because RG59 does not
work well with satellite signals.
"Nick4" wrote in message

He's just sending the RF out to multiple rooms, not using it for the
satellite signal.