Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Margecam52

Default Industrial Sewing Machine motor brushes - Sandor Corp manf

Hope someone here can be of help. I have a motor that needs the carbon
brushes replaced but can't find parts or anyone willing to repair it.
Looks like a fairly easy replacement (couple solder joins) if I can
find parts. I need the brushes for this model. Brushes are 7/8 or 1
inch long by 1/4 in (h & w). The connector is on the side of the long
portion, toward the back. The copper wire is about 1 " long or so.
There is a number on the brush that is not broken, and it's a 608 or
908, can't tell.
I need to get the part(s) and get sewing..can't find anywhere & don't
want to buy an entire motor.

Second Question..just in case, would a 1/2 hp Singer sewing machine
motor work as replacement..same rpm & voltage. The current motor goes
counter clockwise, and the Singer is reversable.

The motor is labeled:
Nustyle (machine brandname)
90 VDC
RED? POS FOR CCWSE
Model 1(?)70-210 021
Sandor Corp (now Leeson) Sedalia MO

Model number first diget very faded, think it's a 1

I put photos of the parts & motor at:

http://community.webshots.com/myphot...16&ra n=10170

Can also email to you. The above allows for a bit larger photo than I
can send email

I am confident enough to replace the brushes..they look to be able to
be replaced without having to disturb the solder, if not..soldering
should not be hard (have soldering iron for stained glass).

If you know where I can get the parts, would be great, the manufacturer
has not replied.

Thanks for trying to help
Marge

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Layton

Some of the Ace Hardware stores sell motor brushes back in the
hardware/nuts/bolts section in those pull out drawers.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Margecam52

Thanks that was going to be my first stop tomorrow. We don't have a
lot of stores in Littlefield, but there is an Ace down the road..and
one electrical shop.

Would you know if I find brushes the correct size, but with different
config on wire placement.. if it would matter as long as I can connect
them?
Marge
Ken Layton wrote:
Some of the Ace Hardware stores sell motor brushes back in the
hardware/nuts/bolts section in those pull out drawers.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
catguy

ups.com...

Ken Layton wrote:
Some of the Ace Hardware stores sell motor brushes back in the
hardware/nuts/bolts section in those pull out drawers.

How about McMastercarr pn 65705K51........Paul

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com,
Margecam52 wrote:
Would you know if I find brushes the correct size, but with different
config on wire placement.. if it would matter as long as I can connect
them?

I'd go about it the other way round - find ones oversize with the correct
springs. They're only carbon, and easy to shape to size. Put some fine
abrasive sheet - sandpaper even - on a glass sheet or other flat surface
and rub the brush on it until the correct dimensions are obtained.

--
*Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Margecam52

Thanks... ordered a set just in case the motor I got on ebay will not
fit. I'll also be going to my local Ace hardware when they open...
would like to use machine today. Have several quilts that need to get
finished.
You all (guess I should say Youawl) have been a big help.
Marge Campbell
Littlefield TX

How about McMastercarr pn 65705K51........Paul

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
default

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:06:38 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article . com,
Margecam52 wrote:
Would you know if I find brushes the correct size, but with different
config on wire placement.. if it would matter as long as I can connect
them?

I'd go about it the other way round - find ones oversize with the correct
springs. They're only carbon, and easy to shape to size. Put some fine
abrasive sheet - sandpaper even - on a glass sheet or other flat surface
and rub the brush on it until the correct dimensions are obtained.

That works like a champ. The spring and connecting wire are more
important than the size - I use a fine cut ******* file to take them
to size.

If you use sandpaper, avoid getting abrasive particles in the
commutator -

Self-Reproducing Machine Tools Doug Goncz Metalworking 17 July 13th 17 05:57 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 May 9th 06 02:34 PM
Sewing machine furniture - free plans MOE Woodworking 7 April 1st 04 03:05 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Metalworking 1 January 4th 04 07:25 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Metalworking 1 December 15th 03 05:36 AM