Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Margecam52

Default Industrial Sewing Machine motor brushes - Sandor Corp manf

Hope someone here can be of help. I have a motor that needs the carbon
brushes replaced but can't find parts or anyone willing to repair it.
Looks like a fairly easy replacement (couple solder joins) if I can
find parts. I need the brushes for this model. Brushes are 7/8 or 1
inch long by 1/4 in (h & w). The connector is on the side of the long
portion, toward the back. The copper wire is about 1 " long or so.
There is a number on the brush that is not broken, and it's a 608 or
908, can't tell.
I need to get the part(s) and get sewing..can't find anywhere & don't
want to buy an entire motor.

Second Question..just in case, would a 1/2 hp Singer sewing machine
motor work as replacement..same rpm & voltage. The current motor goes
counter clockwise, and the Singer is reversable.

The motor is labeled:
Nustyle (machine brandname)
90 VDC
RED? POS FOR CCWSE
Model 1(?)70-210 021
Sandor Corp (now Leeson) Sedalia MO

Model number first diget very faded, think it's a 1

I put photos of the parts & motor at:

http://community.webshots.com/myphot...16&ra n=10170

Can also email to you. The above allows for a bit larger photo than I
can send email

I am confident enough to replace the brushes..they look to be able to
be replaced without having to disturb the solder, if not..soldering
should not be hard (have soldering iron for stained glass).

If you know where I can get the parts, would be great, the manufacturer
has not replied.

Thanks for trying to help
Marge

Self-Reproducing Machine Tools Doug Goncz Metalworking 17 July 13th 17 05:57 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 May 9th 06 02:34 PM
Sewing machine furniture - free plans MOE Woodworking 7 April 1st 04 03:05 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Metalworking 1 January 4th 04 07:25 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Metalworking 1 December 15th 03 05:36 AM