MOE

Default Sewing machine furniture - free plans

Hi, I've been hovering around here for a while. Nice newsgroup!

Been looking for free plans for sewing machine furniture. Something simple
or something like this: http://www.koalacabinets.com/Quiltmate.ivnu

Anyone have a internet site?

(I already saw
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...m?&DID=6&sku=7
and
http://www.woodzone.com/Merchant2/me..._Cod e=226887
and
http://www.nicks.ca/385.html)

Thanks for any help that you can give me.
--
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted.

Stephen M

You're lookign to build?

I did one for my wife, and generated my own plans. The standard plans are
build around the lift mechanism. I dicided NOT to incorporate a lift as
quilters use the machine in the level (with the table surface) 95% of the
time, and she has no need to drop the machine into the table because it's in
a dedicated room. That is the quilting table is just that, it does not have
to maquerade as some other type of furniture.

She wanted gobs of table surface.... think aircraft carrier. I think the top
ended up being 32 x 78 with something like 16 inches to the right of the
machine for setting stuff down out of the way of the work-piece.

Also, many of the stock plans do not center **the needle** in front of the
seating position. This is just ergonomically wrong.

Food for thought.

Let me know if you would like pics
"MOE" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I've been hovering around here for a while. Nice newsgroup!

Been looking for free plans for sewing machine furniture. Something

simple
or something like this: http://www.koalacabinets.com/Quiltmate.ivnu

Anyone have a internet site?

(I already saw
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...m?&DID=6&sku=7
and

http://www.woodzone.com/Merchant2/me..._Cod e=226887
and
http://www.nicks.ca/385.html)

Thanks for any help that you can give me.
--
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted.

MOE

Thank you for your reply.

Your description sounds like what I'm looking for. I don't quilt, but I
make drapes and courtains which need lots of space to handle the fabric.
(Maybe will go into quilting in the near future too.)

Yes, I most certainly would like picstures, and any notes or plans you may
have stored around. You could send them to me or maybe post them at
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking so that others interested may benefit.

Thanks again.

"Stephen M" wrote in message
[...]

"MOE" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I've been hovering around here for a while. Nice newsgroup!

Been looking for free plans for sewing machine furniture. Something

simple
or something like this: http://www.koalacabinets.com/Quiltmate.ivnu

Anyone have a internet site?

(I already saw
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...m?&DID=6&sku=7
and

http://www.woodzone.com/Merchant2/me..._Cod e=226887
and
http://www.nicks.ca/385.html)

Thanks for any help that you can give me.
--
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that

counts
can be counted.

LRod

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:38:27 GMT, "MOE"
wrote:

Hi, I've been hovering around here for a while. Nice newsgroup!

Been looking for free plans for sewing machine furniture. Something simple
or something like this: http://www.koalacabinets.com/Quiltmate.ivnu

Anyone have a internet site?

I have the plans I used to build my wife's sewing cabinet at my
website. It's down toward the bottom of the main page. Fair warning:
the plans are on the "minimalist" side.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 00:31:19 GMT, "MOE"
wrote:

Thank you very much LRod. I Like your site.

Thank you for visiting.

Hope you're having a happy retirement.

Havin' a ball.

Saludos

A usted, tambien. Gracias.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:51:59 +0100, LRod
brought forth from the murky depths:

I have the plans I used to build my wife's sewing cabinet at my
website. It's down toward the bottom of the main page. Fair warning:
the plans are on the "minimalist" side.

What are you selling the PencilCad software for, LRod?
I like it!

---
In Christianity, neither morality nor religion comes into contact
with reality at any point. --FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development -
Bob G.

Hi, I've been hovering around here for a while. Nice newsgroup!

Been looking for free plans for sewing machine furniture. Something simple
or something like this: http://www.koalacabinets.com/Quiltmate.ivnu

My wife now is downstars sewing...

She has five machines set up down in HER sewing room....(the entire
basement) so I really have no problems indulginf myself in "my"
shop...

BUT more to the point ....ask the person who uses the machine to tell
you what they need....my wife schetched up her "plans" for the work
centers she needed and handed them to me...

Then I made my own plans ...

Bob Griffiths