Posted to sci.electronics.repair
fixpc

Default PC power supply 101

the small power supply was burnt out,even I have replaced the fuse. The fan
does not turn at all. I have replaced my client with acer power supply . She
is happy with the arrangement. I do not want to fix the original power
supply. It is very dangerous.

how to fix this?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rheilly Phoull

fixpc wrote:
the small power supply was burnt out,even I have replaced the fuse.
The fan does not turn at all. I have replaced my client with acer
power supply . She is happy with the arrangement. I do not want to
fix the original power supply. It is very dangerous.

how to fix this?

Uhhh, do you want to fix a cheap PSU or not ??
Your post does not make sense.
--

Cheers ......... Rheilly P

Where theres a will, I want to be in it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

"fixpc" wrote in message ...
the small power supply was burnt out,even I have replaced the fuse. The
fan
does not turn at all. I have replaced my client with acer power supply .
She
is happy with the arrangement. I do not want to fix the original power
supply. It is very dangerous.

how to fix this?

Throw it out. As you have replaced the PSU and completed the job, there is
no need to waste your time fixing a PSU which may have multiple failures
like shorted bridge rectifier, shorted switching transistors, high esr caps
etc etc. Do yourself a favour and save yourself the hassle.

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Inty XP

In data Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:03:48 +0200, Dave D ha
scritto:

"fixpc" wrote in message
the small power supply was burnt out,even I have replaced the fuse. The
fan
does not turn at all. I have replaced my client with acer power supply .
She
is happy with the arrangement. I do not want to fix the original power
supply. It is very dangerous.

how to fix this?

Throw it out. As you have replaced the PSU and completed the job, there
is
no need to waste your time fixing a PSU which may have multiple failures
like shorted bridge rectifier, shorted switching transistors, high esr
caps
etc etc. Do yourself a favour and save yourself the hassle.

I Believe it's fun to repairthose switching P.S.U.
on some i changed only the Fuse or bulged capacitors...

Dave

--
Inty.Evolution
- per email normali e con immagini Jpeg

Power supply [email protected] Metalworking 15 December 25th 05 02:40 AM
Wanted: Someone to examine switchmode power supply... William R. Walsh Electronics Repair 2 October 9th 05 01:09 PM
Need help re power supply for new Digital (DLP) tv R. Bharat Rao Home Ownership 3 February 24th 05 03:43 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Sony KV-2782R and 2785R, power supply problems. Michael Parker Electronics Repair 1 October 23rd 03 08:56 AM