Posted to sci.electronics.repair
shehry

Default Of monitors and CRTs

Hi,

My monitor screen (acer - dont know the number) is beginning to distort
the image. There is a 1.5 inch horizontal strip across the screen in
which the image is distorted in the y-axis. Moreover, the monitor is a
bit old. The colours of the monitor are beginning to die as well.

Its anybody's guess that the CRT is nearly dead. But could anyone guide
me as to what potential problems might be there. I would like to give a
shot at it myself and see if I can solve it. I would really like if
some one could guide me to some sort of tutorial on fixing monitors.

Thanks a lot

ps: I have never had any experience with CRTs but I know that its a
dangerous affair

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

"shehry" writes:

Hi,

My monitor screen (acer - dont know the number) is beginning to distort
the image. There is a 1.5 inch horizontal strip across the screen in
which the image is distorted in the y-axis. Moreover, the monitor is a
bit old. The colours of the monitor are beginning to die as well.

Its anybody's guess that the CRT is nearly dead. But could anyone guide
me as to what potential problems might be there. I would like to give a
shot at it myself and see if I can solve it. I would really like if
some one could guide me to some sort of tutorial on fixing monitors.

If the picture is still brigth and sharp, it's not the CRT.

ps: I have never had any experience with CRTs but I know that its a
dangerous affair

See links.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
shehry

well i mentioned in the first paragraph that the colours are beginning
to die. is there anyway i can improve on that without having to buy a
new CRT/monitor?

thanks for the links btw. I am looking through them