Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.computer,alt.comp.hardware

Default Do any P4's over a gig speed use PC-133 Ram?

Doc wrote:
The title pretty much says it. Do any P4's say faster than 1 gig use PC-133
Ram? Or was that left behind with PIII's?

Yes. Up to about 1.5 ghz i've seen. There's a lot of transonial boards
in that range that support ddr and pc133 (though not sumultaneously).

Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.computer,alt.comp.hardware
Paul

In article .com,
" wrote:

Doc wrote:
The title pretty much says it. Do any P4's say faster than 1 gig use PC-133
Ram? Or was that left behind with PIII's?

Yes. Up to about 1.5 ghz i've seen. There's a lot of transonial boards
in that range that support ddr and pc133 (though not sumultaneously).

I have a board with a P4 1.8GHz and 3x512MB of PC133 :-) Works fine.
The chipset used for that was 845 Brookdale from Intel. I believe
the fastest processor ever used in the board, would be a
2.8GHz/FSB400 processor. The machine would still be good enough
today as a surf/email machine.

To find exotic technology combos, you can use the search engine here.
I was surprised how many 845 based boards are listed he

http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/index.html

Paul
Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.computer,alt.comp.hardware

Paul wrote:
In article .com,
" wrote:

Doc wrote:
The title pretty much says it. Do any P4's say faster than 1 gig use PC-133
Ram? Or was that left behind with PIII's?

Yes. Up to about 1.5 ghz i've seen. There's a lot of transonial boards
in that range that support ddr and pc133 (though not sumultaneously).

I have a board with a P4 1.8GHz and 3x512MB of PC133 :-) Works fine.
The chipset used for that was 845 Brookdale from Intel. I believe
the fastest processor ever used in the board, would be a
2.8GHz/FSB400 processor. The machine would still be good enough
today as a surf/email machine.

Any Pentuim class machine will still do that. If you want video, you'll
want a p2 at least. The kicker is you need to get at least 128 MB ram
in order for the perfomance to be OK.

And I saw a 17 year old mac actually go online. (Slow, even on
broadband, The graphics rendering was a major bottleneck).

To find exotic technology combos, you can use the search engine here.
I was surprised how many 845 based boards are listed he

http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/index.html

Paul

The oddest one I've heard about is the dual celeron board. I acutally
know a fellow who has one.