Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default rephrased question

I had previously posted a question about a camcorder shutter - there is
apparently no need for such a device, and soemone gave me insight that
what I mistook for a shutter is actually the iris.

Perhaps with this outlook someone can answer my question.

Since previously posting, I disassembled another, older camera and
found a similar device.

There are two coils of different resistance each of which can fully
open the iris mechanism. I had previously assumed he mechanism
functioned like a rotary solenoid because I initially expected it to
fully open.

Now, knowing it is an iris, it needs to open to whatever opening is
needed.

I will wire one up anticipating a proportional movement, analogous to a
meter movement. I expect that perhaps two opposing voltages may
determine how far it can open.

Can some one describe to me or refer me to a mechanical iris control
circuit?

Thank you

Murray

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yes, thank you, Franc. I'm 'misusing' them for other purposes, in case
you were wondering.

I'll reply by e-mail when I get home so you can e-mail me...I don't
know how or if attachments work in these groups.

Murray

If it will help, I can scan a circuit diagram of the iris control
section of a Sharp VL-MX7 series camcorder. This camcorder has two
iris motors, each with two windings, a "drive" winding and a "damp"
winding.

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM