Junior Member

Location: New Zealand
Default Sony VO-9850 U-Matic SP tape creasing

Greetings. I have a Sony VO-9850P U-Matic SP vtr that is creasing SP tapes. I took off the top cover and observed during recording that the tape was being creased by the pinch roller. I am not a technician and fell a little uncomfortable with adjusting the machine internals, though if anyone could give me some guidance, I would attempt a diy fix. Many thanks, moosh101.