techforce

Default Sony TC377 Reel to Reel tape deck

I know here in the US we have Audio Buffs who swear by these quarter inch
units. I one time had a homeless guy come buy and bring me one from a
Dumpster , and I gave him $10 for dropping it off. Needless to say it made
him happy.

I had it in my shop for about 2 months, awaiting time to get to it, when
another customer called , and asked for one. I told him I didnt know if it
even worked & did not even have a Test Tape Reel to find out. He had me
bring it over, and he hooked up one of his tapes to it, and it played ok,
except a VU Meter was Dead...which he didnt mind. He gave me $50 USD for it
right there.

Try Ebay...or do a Google Search for thae Model Number, and then inquire to
the Sites which seem to be knowledgable about those Decks. Perhaps one of
them is willing to pay shipping so you can get rid of them..

"Neil Mallam" wrote in message
I have a couple of these tape decks that have been in storage for 10 yrs
or so. They need some attention now to get them working again. I want to
dispose of them, but seems a shame to just dump them. Does anyone
know of anyone in the UK that may be interested in servicing/repairing
these and then selling them?
Thanks.

A E

Neil Mallam wrote:

I have a couple of these tape decks that have been in storage for 10 yrs
or so. They need some attention now to get them working again. I want to
dispose of them, but seems a shame to just dump them. Does anyone
know of anyone in the UK that may be interested in servicing/repairing
these and then selling them?
Thanks.

I have one. It's a mechanical nightmare inside, but it is fun when it works
properly.
However, if the heads are worn, it's game over. You could check your heads and
if
they are good sell them separately, you'll save on shipping hassles.