Chris F.

Default Sony TC-WR570 Tape Deck Function Problems

This was a high-end dual tape deck, with two motor transport, full logic,
etc. Mfd in 1991 and hardly ever used. Worked perfectly up until a few days
ago, now tape B will not go into record, rewind, or fast forward modes, and
keeps playing the reverse side when it's supposed to be playing forward.
Tape A functions perfectly. I tried swapping the two decks (tricky, as
they're not exactly the same) and the tape B section functioned perfectly
when connected to the tape A section. At this point it appears to be a logic
problem, and if so the deck is probably as good as scrap.
Anything else I could try before replacing it? I'm a tech by the way.....
Thanks.

--
*********
Reply to:

Sony TV problems Iain Gordon UK diy 22 November 2nd 03 07:04 PM
Sony TV stereo / mono fluctuation problems Simon Electronics Repair 4 August 26th 03 06:08 PM
Sony CDP-CX255 200 CD changer problems Zev Berkovich Electronics Repair 3 July 27th 03 03:08 AM
problems getting cable channels on a sony tv Sofie Electronics Repair 10 July 18th 03 04:03 AM
Sony G410R Monitor problem (and bad Sony support) Steeve M Electronics Repair 7 July 15th 03 01:24 AM