Posted to sci.electronics.repair
S.Bashir

Default nokia 6230 ringer problem

I have nokia6230 handset.few days back its ringtone stopped working.i
checked thoroughly and find out that not only ringtone does not work when
someone calls me.
if i want to listen to ringtones myself even then it
doesnot play ringtones.
however when i connect my headset then i call listen to ringtones.i can send
and receive calls wothout any problem however using vibrator for alerting me
when there is a call.
i have checked the external speaker it is working fine when i put it in
another nokia 6230 handset.
can anybody tell me what could be the reason or suspected faulty component
in the
handset.

kind regards,
shahid

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc

Doesn't it ring through the same speaker that you listen through?

This sounds like a software problem, not a faulty component. But I don't
know, and in any case, the components of a highly miniaturized cell phone
are unlikely to be replaceable.

You might try taking the battery out for half an hour (to reset it).