Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Anyone ever seen a pen-sized electric screwdriver?

I'm looking for a nice small screwdriver... be really nice if it had a
continuously variable transmission for optimum torque speed balance... how's
that song go? "Dreeeeeeam.. dream dream dream..."

-JB

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gerard Bok

On Thu, 11 May 2006 11:16:20 -0400, "J" nospamplease wrote:

I'm looking for a nice small screwdriver... be really nice if it had a
continuously variable transmission for optimum torque speed balance... how's
that song go? "Dreeeeeeam.. dream dream dream..."

Well, a pencil can be very powerful. But not in a torque sense
:-)
Maybe you can use something like
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...V53118838_.jpg

A (fat) pencil in your hand, torque through the flexible shaft
(and control from a foot-operated dimmer).

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Gerard Bok" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 May 2006 11:16:20 -0400, "J" nospamplease wrote:

I'm looking for a nice small screwdriver... be really nice if it had a
continuously variable transmission for optimum torque speed balance...
how's
that song go? "Dreeeeeeam.. dream dream dream..."

Well, a pencil can be very powerful. But not in a torque sense
:-)
Maybe you can use something like
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...V53118838_.jpg

A (fat) pencil in your hand, torque through the flexible shaft
(and control from a foot-operated dimmer).

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

Pen/pencil mightyer than the sword eh?

I would think the military covert guys would have a little screwdriver like
that and consequentyly, it'd be on the civilian market..

-JB

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

"J" nospamplease wrote in message

"Gerard Bok" wrote in message
[...]

If you know any timelords, they carry a sonic screwdriver as part of their
standard off-world travelling kit. Not only can it undo and do up ANY type
of screw, it's also capable of dealing a death blow to almost any type of
cybernetic alien ( Daleks, Cybermen etc ) as well as being able to
autodiagnose, and often repair with just one screech and a stream of blue
light, just about any problem with any kind of on or off-world electronic or
mechanical device. Now THAT'S the electric screwdriver that you're looking
for. Walmart might carry them ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Gerard Bok" wrote in message
[...]

Whomart?

My device isn't scifi. It's just a miniature combination of systems already
invented. motor, variator, cvt, springs batteries.

-JB

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"J" nospamplease wrote in message
I'm looking for a nice small screwdriver... be really nice if it had a
continuously variable transmission for optimum torque speed balance...
how's that song go? "Dreeeeeeam.. dream dream dream..."

-JB

http://www.phonegeeks.com/newmiclookli.html

this is cute, and $9.

-JB

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 11 May 2006 17:43:09 GMT, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

If you know any timelords, they carry a sonic screwdriver as part of their
standard off-world travelling kit.(...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sonicscrewdriver.jpg
http://www.henriks.co.uk/sonic_screwdriver.htm
http://www.paratime.ca/v_and_v/pics/sonicsc.jpg

Kinda looks like a dental handpiece.

# 831-336-2558
#
http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 11 May 2006 11:16:20 -0400, "J" nospamplease wrote:

I'm looking for a nice small screwdriver... be really nice if it had a
continuously variable transmission for optimum torque speed balance... how's
that song go? "Dreeeeeeam.. dream dream dream..."

These look close:

http://kilews.en.alibaba.com/group/5...ewdrivers.html
Replace the AC power supply with a battery pack and it's portable.

If that's unacceptable, there's always:

http://www.robotgames.net/Resources/...hand_drill.htm
Just add an electric motor.

# 831-336-2558
#
http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DeEvolutio

Dang J, that was freakin' hilarious! You're truly talented... thanks
for the laugh, I needed that.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"DeEvolutio" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dang J, that was freakin' hilarious! You're truly talented... thanks
for the laugh, I needed that.

Me? I guess I missed what part of what I said was funny... perhaps you
mis-followed the tree. Arfa's post was quite funny...
-JB

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

"Gerard Bok" wrote in message
[...]

So where do I submit a resume and get an application to become a timelord?
Can I go back in time and fix all my bonehead mistakes? Are Daleks worse
than PITA consumers?

Leonard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

"J" nospamplease wrote in message

"DeEvolutio" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dang J, that was freakin' hilarious! You're truly talented... thanks
for the laugh, I needed that.

Me? I guess I missed what part of what I said was funny... perhaps you
mis-followed the tree. Arfa's post was quite funny...
-JB

I try my best to bring a little levity into this otherwise dull world, and I
thank you sir, for your kind thoughts ! You too DeEvolutio, if they were
intended for me ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

"Gerard Bok" wrote in message
[...]

Well, since the Dalek war wiped out all of the timelords bar one, The
Doctor, it's now very difficult to get in touch with Gallifrey, as there's
no one there. I'm not sure that you could actually become a time lord
anyway, as having two hearts, and the ability to regenerate when things get
really tough for your body, are both prime requirements. If you can arrange
to have something very scary from another planet / time / dimension, get on
your case ( most types of awkward customers qualify ), the Doctor's TARDIS
may well sense this, and bring him to you. Then, you could either become one
of his travelling companions, and go back and fix your mistakes, and of
course forward, to correct ones that you haven't made yet, or, if he has a
bunch of spare sonic screwdrivers that you can buy, you could probably make
a very good living on eBay for a few years with them. There's at least one
customer on here for one, already.

And never underestimate Daleks. They are very VERY dangerous, especially
since they added " LEVITATE !!!! " to their vocabulary, and you can no
longer stand at the top of your stairs, out of range of their gun and bath
plunger, laughing at their inability to come after you . Take due warning

Arfa