Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 27" Electrohome tv model:EH8080A,chassis:M3K96CS (Orion)

27" Electrohome stereo tv model:EH8080A,chassis:M3K96CS,UL
Listed:289X=Orion.Original problem was no vertical deflection so I
replaced all vertical section caps and IC401=LA78041 which was bad.

Now if I turn the tv on on a channel with no station (example snow or
static) the tv shows tornado shaped retrace lines with a black
background screen then quickly shutsdown but on channels with stations
the picture is great and tv stays on.I assume that a setting in the
EEPROM is off and assume it's the horizontal freq but I don't know how
to enter EEPROM service mode on this Orion chassis.

I noticed that most of the new cheap tv's sold are basically this Orion
chassis be 27" or 32" as this tv has the same vertical ouput IC of
LA78041:

Other part #'s for LA78041:

Daewoo # 1LA78041
ECG Philips/ NTE # NTE7182
Funai # LA78041
ILO (Wal*Mart) # DG4565RT
JVC # LA78041
Orion # 103TD80410
Philips # 4835 209 47605
Sanyo (Aiwa) # 409 453 5905
Sony # 9-885-060-76
Toshiba # AD300414
Toshiba # 72794507
Toshiba old # BZ611118
Zenith # 905-10653

Therefore you techs probably worked on this Orion chassis rebranded or
badged as Electrohome,Toshiba,Philips and others.

Here are the EEPROM service mode access sites I normally use but cannot
find the procedure to access this Orion chassis.

48 EEPROM service mode access sites:

http://www.e-repair.co.uk/story4.htm
http://www.grovefarm.force9.co.uk/Er.../helpdata.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyBlink.html