Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave

Default How to disassemble a Tektronix P6013a probe?

I just got a new old stock Tek P6013a probe and I noticed the bnc connector
on the probe body is a little loose. I'm guessing there's a lock nut on
the inside and I'd like to tighten it up before using it and possibly
twisting off a wire on the inside. How does the probe body come apart so I
can tighten up that bnc? Is that possible?

Thanks, Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

I'd just put a piece of glue lined heat shrink on it, that way you don't
risk ripping the wire out your trying to protect.

- Mike

"Dave" wrote in message ...
I just got a new old stock Tek P6013a probe and I noticed the bnc connector
on the probe body is a little loose. I'm guessing there's a lock nut on
the inside and I'd like to tighten it up before using it and possibly
twisting off a wire on the inside. How does the probe body come apart so I
can tighten up that bnc? Is that possible?

Thanks, Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phil J

Just hold the light gray front of the body and unscrew
the dark part.
Then push the dark gray tip back through the light part.
That will reveal a metal cylinder. Remove the small screws
holding the cylinder, that will reveal the back of the bnc.
Phil J

"Dave" wrote in message ...
I just got a new old stock Tek P6013a probe and I noticed the bnc

connector
on the probe body is a little loose. I'm guessing there's a lock nut on
the inside and I'd like to tighten it up before using it and possibly
twisting off a wire on the inside. How does the probe body come apart so

can tighten up that bnc? Is that possible?

Thanks, Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave

"Phil J" wrote in message
Just hold the light gray front of the body and unscrew
the dark part.
Then push the dark gray tip back through the light part.
That will reveal a metal cylinder. Remove the small screws
holding the cylinder, that will reveal the back of the bnc.
Phil J

That was way to simple, thank you! I should have expected something that
elegant and direct from Tektronics.
Dave