Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
DaveC

Default Need to adapt mini scope probe to DMM leads

I bought a used Tek 222PS handheld scope, a model specialized for power mains
troubleshooting. It has two isolated channels (isolated grounds) and is rated
at 600v input. Input is via (5 mm) miniature 10x scope probes.

Original accessories included an Industrial Lead Set (p/n 012-1392-00) which
is a pair of DMM test leads. You plug the miniature scope probe (after
removing the tip) into one end of the positive test lead and use whatever
DMM-type of probe or alligator clip, etc. on the other end. The negative test
lead plugs into the probe in place of the probe's ground lead clip.

This test lead set (an accessory for this one scope model only) is missing
and n/a from Tektronix so I need to find a way to adapt the miniature probe
to banana plug (female). Second acceptable solution would be to adapt mini
scope probe to BNC and use a BNC-to-banana (preferably single) adapter. (I
presume that the solution for the negative lead is to simply graft a DMM test
lead to a scope ground clip.)

Note that I'll be measuring mains voltages where both test leads will be
"hot", so direct adaptation from mini scope probe to banana is preferred,
which would minimize extraneous metal bits (ie, BNC couplers) that will be
hot during connection. (Obviously, insulating is necessary with whatever
solution is found.)

I've Googled but cannot find any appropriate adapter that will connect to
mini scope probe. One or two will adapt a full-size scope probe:

http://testpath.com/Product.aspx?pn=117-245

It's times like this that I hold high hopes for the collective experience and
intellect to work together to help discover an elegant solution. I look
forward to many creative suggestions (c:

Thanks,
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
DaveC

Thus spake DaveC:

http://testpath.com/Product.aspx?pn=117-245

Sorry.
This is apparently a male banana connector accessory for a Tek scope probe.
Not what I'm looking for...
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Travis Jordan

DaveC wrote:
Original accessories included an Industrial Lead Set (p/n
012-1392-00) which is a pair of DMM test leads. You plug the
miniature scope probe (after removing the tip) into one end of the
positive test lead and use whatever DMM-type of probe or alligator
clip, etc. on the other end. The negative test lead plugs into the
probe in place of the probe's ground lead clip.

How about a used one?
http://44tesla.com/commerce/catalog/...=1142861188459

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
DaveC

Thus spake Travis Jordan:

How about a used one?

http://44tesla.com/commerce/catalog/...czuid=11428611

88459

Man, how did you find that? My Google skills must be pretty sad...

Thanks!
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Travis Jordan

DaveC wrote:
Man, how did you find that? My Google skills must be pretty sad...

Nah, it probably just showed up recently grin.

Anyway, you are welcome. I hope they don't want an arm-and-a-leg or
other body part for it.