Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Indu Prakash

Default Help Identifying Motherboard Part

So there is a 3 pin thing regulator like thing mounted flat on the motherboard (PCChips M925LR) next to the DIMM memory sockets. The memory was not properly seated and so the part turned red with heat. And now the motherboard no longer starts .. can't even get to BIOS so need to replace that part (it is sorted all the way) but have been unable to identify what it actually is. The part looks like the drawing below; it is soldered directly flat on the motherboard to what seems like the ground pad. The middle connector is cut off and left hanging and the other 2 are connected to separate pads.

It measures 0.5cm in both length and width. I checked alldatasheet.com and all I found was a MultiPlexed 2-wire Hall effect sensor IC but I doubt this is that.

-------
| 3055 |
|A 2B|
--------
| | |

Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw

In article ,
"Indu Prakash" wrote:

[...]

Probably it's full name is 2N3055. If so, it's a very generic power
transistor -- been around for about 40 years. Odds are that if it's
toast, then some more parts on the board are, too.

Isaac
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
hardhackers

yes u can use 2N3055 or 2N2055

Also 45N03LD, 45N02LD any nchannel mosfet can use for this but plz
ensure POST working.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Indu Prakash

Okay I will give it a shot with 2N3055 .. the POST beeps (3 long beeps)
indicate memory failure.

"hardhackers" wrote in message
ups.com...
yes u can use 2N3055 or 2N2055

Also 45N03LD, 45N02LD any nchannel mosfet can use for this but plz
ensure POST working.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David

"Indu Prakash" wrote in message
. com...
Okay I will give it a shot with 2N3055 .. the POST beeps (3 long beeps)
indicate memory failure.

DO NOT TRY a A 2N3055.
This part is not the venerable bipolar transistor 2N3055, but an N channel
MOSFET like a NTD3055xxx. These have a 60v rating and a current rating of
between 9 and 12 amperes depending upon the xxx.

David

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar

On Wed, 03 May 2006 03:07:15 GMT, "Indu Prakash"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

[...]

MTP3055 MOSFET ???

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Indu Prakash

60V .. does this seem the right part ? The voltage rating for the DDR memory
chips is only 3.3V.

"David" wrote in message
. com...

"Indu Prakash" wrote in message
. com...
Okay I will give it a shot with 2N3055 .. the POST beeps (3 long beeps)
indicate memory failure.

DO NOT TRY a A 2N3055.
This part is not the venerable bipolar transistor 2N3055, but an N channel
MOSFET like a NTD3055xxx. These have a 60v rating and a current rating of
between 9 and 12 amperes depending upon the xxx.

David

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter

the 60 volt is its upper limit

Peter
"Indu Prakash" wrote in message
. com...
60V .. does this seem the right part ? The voltage rating for the DDR
memory chips is only 3.3V.

"David" wrote in message
. com...

"Indu Prakash" wrote in message
. com...
Okay I will give it a shot with 2N3055 .. the POST beeps (3 long beeps)
indicate memory failure.

DO NOT TRY a A 2N3055.
This part is not the venerable bipolar transistor 2N3055, but an N
channel MOSFET like a NTD3055xxx. These have a 60v rating and a current
rating of between 9 and 12 amperes depending upon the xxx.

David

2 Part Epoxy vs. One Part for Garage floor? [email protected] Home Repair 23 November 4th 19 06:18 PM
Help finding old router part Jon Woodworking 14 March 18th 06 11:40 PM
Part P Proto-FAQ [email protected] UK diy 0 April 28th 05 02:04 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Part P - new cable colours CRB UK diy 50 November 30th 04 11:13 PM