Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Sewell

Default Sony tv goes off when teletext selected?

This is a Sony KV24WX1U (BE3D chassis?) tv, which goes off and displays two
flashs of the red standby led, when the teletext button on the remote is
pressed. For a split second the screen shows text but it looks dropped with
a black band across the top. Also, I see the tv goes off the same way when
the format button is pressed. Please, to suggest what area of the circuit
to check as I am not familiar with this up to date stuff. I have access to
the be3d chassis diagram.
Thanks to you.

David

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

David:
First.... I would try a different remote.
electricitym

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Sewell

wrote in message
oups.com...
David:
First.... I would try a different remote.
electricitym

Thanks for the advice. I will try one of those one for all thingies,
although I kind of think it being the remote is a bit remote (pun
intended!). I'm always ready to be amazed.
Thanks,
David

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

May be multiple things happening including the set thinking there is a
problem since all of a sudden the black screen (Cut off) occurs with limited
video information (Box and limited Text). Nuisance protective shutdown, etc.
Have you checked out SONY's web site if there are any service bulletins for
this particular chassis?? Could be coincidence but worth checking out, esp
if the symptom occurs always when you are attempting use of these features.