Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
James Kelly

Default is it possible? 1600W step-down transformer so tiny!

Hi guys, thanks for the great response. Perhaps I should have been more
specific.. Its a pizza style oven -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=284507
I have no idea if this requires continuous or not, how can you tell or do
you know by virtue of its function?

Kind regards,
James.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

James Kelly wrote:
Hi guys, thanks for the great response. Perhaps I should have been more
specific.. Its a pizza style oven -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=284507
I have no idea if this requires continuous or not, how can you tell or do
you know by virtue of its function?

Kind regards,
James.

So I'm, uh, guessing that pizza isn't readily available in the UK?

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Travis Jordan

James Kelly wrote:
Hi guys, thanks for the great response. Perhaps I should have been
more specific.. Its a pizza style oven -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=284507
I have no idea if this requires continuous or not, how can you tell
or do you know by virtue of its function?

"There are independently controlled top and bottom heating elements, so
all types (frozen or fresh) and sizes (7 to 12 inches) of pizza can be
custom baked. With a rising-crust pizza, for example, you should run the
lower heating element for 10-12 minutes before turning on the top
element."

Bad news - the converter is designed for an intermittent 1600 watt load
such as a hair dryer or iron, not for a variable load of 600/1200 watts.
Most likely something will give up; either the oven or the converter.

For a $50 total investment I suppose you can give it a try. Or, get
someone handy with electrical wiring to connect the top and bottom
elements in series and then put a 220V plug on it!

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
James Kelly

Good pizza is hard to find anywhere outside of Italy IMHO..... In my
experience the Presto pizza oven is a step up from the traditional oven
approach, although a wood buring oven is next on my plans..... Yeah, I'm
crazy about pizza......

wrote in message
oups.com...

James Kelly wrote:
Hi guys, thanks for the great response. Perhaps I should have been more
specific.. Its a pizza style oven -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=284507
I have no idea if this requires continuous or not, how can you tell or do
you know by virtue of its function?

Kind regards,
James.

So I'm, uh, guessing that pizza isn't readily available in the UK?

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

James Kelly wrote:
Good pizza is hard to find anywhere outside of Italy IMHO..... In my
experience the Presto pizza oven is a step up from the traditional oven
approach, although a wood buring oven is next on my plans..... Yeah, I'm
crazy about pizza......

Well thanks for the warning!

I'm guessing chicken burritos are rare in the UK as well...? That's
the one food I was really, really craving when I was in Mindanao (the
Philippines)...

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:36:03 +0100, "James Kelly"
wrote:

Hi guys, thanks for the great response. Perhaps I should have been more
specific.. Its a pizza style oven -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=284507
I have no idea if this requires continuous or not, how can you tell or do
you know by virtue of its function?

Kind regards,
James.

Have you tried asking the manufacturer if they have a 220v version?

CONSUMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT
National Presto Industries, Inc.
3925 North Hastings Way
Eau Claire, WI 54703-2209
Voice Phone: 1-800-877-0441
Fax Phone: 1-715-839-2242
Email:
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Robert Latest

["Followup-To:" header set to sci.electronics.design.]
On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:36:03 +0100,
James Kelly wrote
in Msg.
Hi guys, thanks for the great response. Perhaps I should have been more
specific.. Its a pizza style oven -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=284507

Ditch it, buy a real stove, and cook yourself some healthy food.

robert