Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charlie East

Default Phillips/Magnavox Chassis 25800

Model # 25TR19C221,
Turn set on and High voltage comes up to about 28K and the set shuts down.
Flyback rings ok using the scope cal jack. Have 130VDC to the H-out
transistor, I did find the Vert IC shorted pin 6 (vert supply) to pin 5
(output). Replaced the IC, But still wont stay on. Tried reducing the line
voltage, still will not stay on long enough to check anything. Cant get any
fault codes,
Anyone have any tips on this one?
Thanks
Charlie

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
inty's world

may be the high voltage transformer faulty

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

This type of fault can get complex, and require a lot of patients. If the
vertical scan is still failed, the set will not be allowed to start. It is
also possible that the flyback is defective, or there is something on the
secondary side that is loading it.

If the CRT is defective, the set may also go in to the protect mode. You can
usually check this by removing the CRT socket assembly, and then seeing if
the HV will come on and stay on. If so, then you know that there is a short
in the CRT.

If you get high voltage, after shutting the set, make sure you discharge the
CRT at both the anode cap, and at the socket end before putting back the
socket assembly.

--

JANA
_____

"Charlie East" wrote in message
Model # 25TR19C221,
Turn set on and High voltage comes up to about 28K and the set shuts down.
Flyback rings ok using the scope cal jack. Have 130VDC to the H-out
transistor, I did find the Vert IC shorted pin 6 (vert supply) to pin 5
(output). Replaced the IC, But still wont stay on. Tried reducing the line
voltage, still will not stay on long enough to check anything. Cant get any
fault codes,
Anyone have any tips on this one?
Thanks
Charlie

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charlie East

Update---- Went thru the Troubleshooting from the Phillips Force CD for this
set, It led me to a point where it said I had a Filament problem causing
shutdown. The picture tube Are not shorted to any other pins, Set still
shuts down with the CRT socket removed. I guess this is monitored some where
off the flyback, , Will let you know when I find the problem
Charlie