Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bill S.

Default 25F8 was: Phillips/Magnavox Chassis 25800

In article ,
says...
Model # 25TR19C221,
Turn set on and High voltage comes up to about 28K and the set shuts down.

Measuring HV is not particularly useful except to tell you that the
horizontal and high voltage circuits work.

I did find the Vert IC shorted pin 6 (vert supply) to pin 5 (output).
Replaced the IC, But still wont stay on. Tried reducing the line voltage,

DO NOT reduce line voltage. This is a switch mode power supply which
will try to draw more current to compensate. You will learn nothing
by reducing line voltage, and may cause further damage.

Anyone have any tips on this one?

These sets have circuits that sample vertical and horizontal sweep so
that they can shut down to protect the CRT in case of scan loss. Since
the vertical section was blown up, I would start there. Verify that you
have both supplies to the vertical IC, at least during the second or so
that the flyback runs before shutting down. If so, are you getting a
ramp on the output? If not, figure out why. If so, check signal path
through pulse buffer transistor to processor.

These are not the easiest to work on, due to complexity and SMD parts,
many of which are on the side of the board you can't get to. So be
prepared to be patient. I chased one around for a couple days before
finding an open zerohm SMD that isn't shown on the schematic.